Saturday, August 28, 2010

You make me smile...


I know I have been absent for a few days ...  I had a few projects to do which you will see over the next few weeks and I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with Ross. How I love that little boy ... with his constant questions and his endearing charm ... my heart melts when he asks about his Daddy ... 
Some of you wonderful friends have also touched my heart this week with your kindness and made me feel so blessed, so humble and so very grateful ... "Thank you".
One thing I've been trying to master this week is the art of making those little crochet flowers that I see adorning so many creations ... well, I'm not sure that I have mastered it  - or ever will - but  I had a go and thought I'd make a baby card so I could use one of my flowers together with a digital stamp from Pink Petticoat  which I hadn't played with before ...



 got to use my new tiny polka dot buttons too (from The Ribbon Girl) ... and there are my not so perfect flowers! I paper pieced the image and used embellishments from my stash.


I hope you are having a good weekend ... I'll catch up with you soon.

Ros

5 comments:

Stella said...

I'm smitten......BEAUTIFUL!
Blue is my favorite color and this babycard...touched my heart.
Have a wonderful weekend; good to read you had the chance to spend time with Ross. I know that it's only a few days you'll have to say goodbye to him and his mother. I think of you; just want to let you know.

Hugs, XXX

Heather Rogers said...

Such a sweet card Ros. You did a great job with the shape of the flowers. If there is anything I can say to you to help with the flowers, it is cotton yarn. Poly yarn doesn't work well to make such small flowers. I think you need thread crochet. It comes on a spool here. Not sure how it comes there. It is thicker than sewing machine thread but much thinner than regular poly crochet yarn. Reguardless, it works best to practice on the poly since it is easier to work with. That is what works for me. :)
Hugs,
Heather

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so soft and sweet Ros, The crocheted flower looks great, I've tried but never get to the second layer, your is gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Stella said...

There is an award for you wating on my blog... Come on over and grab it!
Hugs and XXX

Deb Hickman said...

Glad you got to spend some more time with Ross this week.
Sweet card,the little flowers look fab!!!