Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas packages

Well finally my kitchen doors are being fitted ... the correct ones ... hopefully it wont be too long before the flooring can go down and the walls decorated ... seems like it's been forever ... And we have a bad case of 'Man flu" here ... the germs are rapidly spreading and I am not feeling so good but someone has to be up and see to everything right? 
So I take myself to where my heart is content ... my creation station ... where there is only delight ... I have a couple of things to share ... made for Christmas and the new challenge at Embellish Magazine (click the link for details) where the sponsor is My Time Made Easy ... This is the inspirational photograph 




Now I know I've said it before ... but I'm saying it again ... I love the simplicity of the My Time Made Easy templates ... I don't have any fancy cutting machine (except for my Sizzix) so everything I do is by hand and Lauren makes everything so easy to do. I Love her little house templates and the DT at Embellish Magazine have done some fabulous samples ... so I had to use my template too plus another from Creation by AR ... which I find a tad fiddly but worth the effort ... So here are my entries ...



A 'House" gift box and a 'Tote" gift bag ...


I cut layers of felt for my roof and added some flower soft for a dusting of snow ... machine stitched some pretty green paper on ... added some berry branches and some pretty pink ribbon ....


I could make a whole village of these .... wouldn't that be nice 




My little 'Tote' ... I used the same paper and ribbon ... a couple of red material covered brads from my stash and some brown CS .... I think the shape of this is so sweet


I know there are some lovely Christmas bags and boxes around ... but something handmade is special I think ...


That's all for now ... Have a lovely weekend 
Till soon


~ Ros ~



17 comments:

Sylvia said...

What lovely packages, Ros! Love the colors!Both are wonderful!

~* steph :) *~ said...

adorable house and bag, ros! love them :)! i agree, handmade gifts are the best.
hope you are feeling better. take care and also best wishes with your flooring.
have a wonderful weekend!
*hugs* steph :)

Charlene Austin said...

Aaaackk! YES, a village of these would be stunning! You did an amazing job on the house and that tote is just a little bit to die for!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! These are supernice!!! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!

Stella said...

I just keep staring at it. Ros this is to die for. I love both and all those details; WOW!!! I love that flower soft on the roof; such a fabulous idea and it looks STUNNING!
I can't pick a favorite; they are both perfect in every way and detail. And yes; handmade gifts are definitely the best. Especially when they are made my you!
XXX

Stella said...

I just keep staring at it. Ros this is to die for. I love both and all those details; WOW!!! I love that flower soft on the roof; such a fabulous idea and it looks STUNNING!
I can't pick a favorite; they are both perfect in every way and detail. And yes; handmade gifts are definitely the best. Especially when they are made my you!
XXX

Unknown said...

Ros these are adorable..........

Heather Rogers said...

These are just darling Ros. The little house and cute bag are great little extra gift packaging ideas. :)

Rebekah said...

wow. your little tote looks like a real bag! cant believe its made of paper. That little house is so cute:) a village of them would be divine..very creative packaging.. i love MTME too.. but never seem to have downloaded any templates.. after seeing these i should!
enjoy your weekend!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, what a lovely set, it is a gift by itself! and the color palette looks pretty, I might want to try this one!

Mona Pendleton said...

What sweet lil' treat packages Ros! Love the crystals on the roof!

Anonymous said...

Ros these are soo elegantly Beautiful...A Village would be fabulous for sure,love how you used the flower soft!!!TFS
Love the tote ,they are so special couldnt aggree more TFI:) xxx

Unknown said...

These are so cute.. How creative.

Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

These are super cute!! They make me feel hungry just looking at them! Must be the colours!! Enjoying all your recent lovely projects! Glad to be back in blogland!! X

Tatanky said...

The little house is soooo cute and great color combo.

Jinny Newlin said...

These are, absolutely, darling! LOVE the snow! Congrats on your win over at Embellish!

Emily Leiphart said...

Ros, these are beautiful! Congratulations on being What's Hot at Embellish!