Monday, February 20, 2012

French inspired Cushion

I'm still playing around with fabric ... cutting out hearts and pillows and discovering the fun of printing on fabric ...
I have a few things to share in the next few days ... today is a little French inspired cushion ... using mostly graphics from the Graphics Fairy and some cotton sheeting that I had in my box of materials 


I thought I'd practice on this cotton ... but it worked so well I used it ... 
My printer as most printers do ... only takes up to A4 size so I printed four sheets of fabric ... lightly attaching it with spray first to card stock ... then sewing it was easy...
A band of lace hides the join


I've just bought some expensive pre printed fabric ... and could have saved myself some money had I realised that this was going to work so well ...
I've also been reading my new book by Julie Nutting as recommended by Sweet Mona Pendleton ... so I hope to be able to try these techniques soon ... How I love learning new things ... 
Right now some DT projects are calling so I have to get on ... I hope you'll stop by for the new CCCB challenge tomorrow and don't forget that you still have time to enter the challenge over at Pixie Dust Paperie 

Have a beautiful Day

~ Ros ~

15 comments:

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Ros, you are a priceless source of inspiration!! This pillow is stunningly beautiful! The idea of feeding fabric through my Canon printer would have never appeared in my mind... fabulous!
Hugs,
Uli
Thanks a lot for your sweet comment on my "Friends"-card - I appreciate your kind words a lot!!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

OMG, this cushion is gorgeous! I must try printing on fabric - it looks so effective!!! Great work, Ros!

Chriss Blagrave said...

So Beautiful Ros, love the images and the pops of pink and blue!
Have a great day!

Joanne Leddy said...

You printed this fabric? It's beautiful! I love how you've put it together with the added lace. It's sweet as can be!

Enjoy your new found craft ... it's always such fun to experience something new.

Deb Hickman said...

Wow, it's worked so well, it looks like one you'd buy from an expensive gift shop. It is gorgeous !!!! xxxx

cnelson said...

Pure LOVELINESS!!

Sylvia said...

What a fun pillow, Ros. I used to print my artwork on Muslin, but quit that years ago when I started making cards. You sound like you are having so much fun exploring this side of crafts! Hope you are having a great day!

jacirascrap said...

Ros...já tinha achado o máximo voce imprimir em tecido!! E agora sua nova impressão ficou tão tão tão bela!!! Amei sua almofada!!

Unknown said...

Your pillow is so pretty. So creative.. I just love it!!

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Your pillow is gorgeous Ros, love all of those different Paris prints and that beautiful bow in the middle is striking!

Lynnda said...

It's beautiful!!! I love it... hugs...xoxo

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!

papertrails leaver said...

Mon Amie this Paris pillow is so chic! I love the print and the bow! You are multi talented! I am trying to learn to sew but still struggling. :-)

Suzanne C said...

Wow is that fabulous! Keep playing everything is turning out beautifully!

Stella said...

I almost fainted.....OMG Ros this is breathtaking. Love the vintage and chic look and yes....blue gingham. Printing on fabric is one of the things I really want to try and the way you did it...I am blown away...wow!
XXXXXX