Friday, May 25, 2012

Sunny days and Stars

Hello ... How are you?
We are experiencing really lovely weather here in the UK and I've spent a lovely day with my SIL ... shopping and lunching ...

To be honest it's a bit hot for me ... I've never been a sun worshipper ... and I find it difficult to sleep when it's hot ... but thankfully I was blessed with olive skin so even just a short exposure gives me a healthy glow.
It's funny ... I spent years of torment and bullying at school for having olive skin .... so back then I didn't realise I was blessed ... but now, thank goodness, we live in a multi racial, multi cultural society and I am no longer the butt of jibes ... And ... I get to tan easily!

I have a card to share which I made for a male friend ... using the lovely SB star die from This set by Nina Brackett... nothing too fancy being as it is for a man ...


The background paper is by Eline's Huis and the Birthday paper is a Hero Arts digital stamp from Two peas .... which I altered the colour of in Photoshop to co-ordinate with my choice of paper


The paper I used for the scalloped border (PTI die) and the stars is also a digital "One Year Older" by Karen Funk from Digital House Designs - printed on to heavy weight paper ... that way the embossing on the stars show up more ... Oh and my card stock was just a plain white card but again I used a digital to get a kraft colour ... from Pink Petticoat Organics ... I love this collection and at £1.25 It's a steal!

Right, I'm hoping to eat out in the garden this evening ... I fancy a nice fresh salmon salad with a glass of red wine ... so I'd better get going...
Have a wonderful weekend ... Thanks so much for stopping by

Till soon

~ Ros ~




10 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love you birthday card, Ros, such a beautiful array of blues! So glad you are enjoying your weather, it is 90 today, quite hot and very humid. I drip a lot and get sun spots, as my skin WAS fair at one time, but abused by the sun now. I too was teased when younger, but not for my skin, but I know how you feel. I think teasing was just a part of our generation! Hope your salmon in the garden was great! Have a wonderful night!

Chris said...

It's too hot for me too, Ros. :o)

Fabulous card for the male of the species. I've given up making them now. lol

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Lovely masculine design and gorgeous soft colour palette. And I absolutely envy you your olive skin!!!

Joanne Leddy said...

Isn't this the cutest! I love the sparkle on the stars ... thanks for sharing Ros!

Sandy Ang said...

just adore this - the woodgrain and blue stars are such a hit !

Lynnda said...

so sweet!!! I love it... love the colors... Couldnt be better shopping and lunching... on a beautiful weather....The weather is crap here in Melbourne!!! hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

I wish I had olive skin.. Nope I am so fair skinned and I don't know why I live in the desert with all this sun!! Oh well!! You card is so pretty.. I love the design..

Unknown said...

Your fabulous male card sure does have star quality Ros. We've just had diner outside, too, just came in to do the dishes ;-) Hope you have a lovely sultry evening, enjoy! Ira x

Tracy said...

I just love those stars Ros. :-) Great job and it sounds like you put a lot of work into this with editing in PS. Looks fantastic!
sigh..... I wish I had your olive skin. I always look like a crispy critter. :-) Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love this masculine card, great colors too!
I never really care about my skin color when I was young, some people think that I am fair but some think that I am on the tan side, all I know is, a lot of people just cannot guess what race I am till this day.