Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CCCB Solid as a Rock

Hi there!
I hope you had a good weekend ... Are you enjoying the Olympics? 
I'm not really into sport ... I'd rather be crafting ... but I did love the opening ceremony ...
Anyway ...  I hope those of you who are watching enjoy it and I wish everyone the best of luck!

Tuesday means another new challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog and this week our hostess is Kirsty!


Kirsty is asking that we use solid colours only ... NO patterned paper, patterned card or DP of any sort ... Just card stock .. and of course any embellishments that you may want to add
Some of theses themes really challenge me ... but it's a fun way to discover different looks and techniques ... I used one I have used before and that is splashing paint onto plain card stock


I had some paint that was almost a perfect match for the PTI Ocean tides cardstock ... just paint from one of those tester pots ... nothing fancy ... but I do add water and then just flick a brush over the white card ... 


I cut out a space big enough to stamp the sentiment with a SB die and added a little SB frame
... a few embellishments and it's done!

This is Lauren's last week Guesting for us at CCCB and I'm sure you have loved seeing her creations as much as me ... 
For your chance of Guesting with us all you have to do is link up your creation in the next 7days and check back to see our winner ... 

Have fun and I'll be back tomorrow

~ Ros ~



16 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

I really enjoyed the opening c and am so engrossed in the olympics i don't think i'll get any crafting done until it's over.
feeling so gutted for the GB road racing team but keeping my fingers crossed for their time trial hopes.

Lynnda said...

Beautiful card Ros... I love the paint job and that bow...neat!!! hugs...xoxo

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, I love the splattering and the color! Yes, I am enjoying the Olympics, especially loved the queen and Bond jumping from the helicopter. Have a fun Tuesday!

Barbara said...

:-) You found a good way to work around that "no patterned paper" challenge! Your "pattern" looks beautiful, though, as does the whole card!

Unknown said...

Boy Ros, you do flick your brush elegantly alright! Lovely, lovely card, and your bow is perfection, as always! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Ros! Love your paint splattered background! The framed WM sentiment looks so elegant!

Sasha said...

Super card, Ros! I love your splattering...such fun! I also love how you made your window and framed it with a Spellbinder die cut...so pretty! x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Even without DP, your creation is as pretty as ever!
I did watch the Olympic opening, love Paul singing Hey Jude, it reminds me of my time in London with my girls few summer ago, if I know you then, I would have visited you!

Stella said...

A splash of paint and a big splash of elegance :) You created a card that turned out chic and gorgeous. Love the frame you created around the sentiment....wow!
XXXXXXX

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful! Great way to get creative. :)

Hugs~

lauren bergold said...

yes, i am sad this is my last CCCB week, it's been a blast hanging out with you guys, and yet again i thank you for making me feel so very much AT HOME! ♥♥♥

now as for this card... well heck... it might just be a little bit of paint, but you make it look like a million pounds; those are just the right *DESIGNER* splatters, missus, you totally have the KNACK; and then you round off the design with your signature style and we all think, "ok, WHO NEEDS patterned paper??!?!?!"

(it's nice of you to say you were challenged, tho, i always feel a moment of PANIC when i hear of an ALL SOLIDS prompt!!!) :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Pretty, Pretty my friend. I love the splash of paint.. And the wonderful stitching looks great..

Hugs~

Heidi said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Beautiful colours and design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Tracy said...

You sure know how to flick a paint brush lady. :-) I love the splotchy pattern you've created. Gorgeous card Ros! Hugs!

papertrails leaver said...

Ciuldnt see and not comment on this. I love it so! Totally beautiful!

Chris said...

Fabulous paint splatters and one of my favourite SP dies. Beautiful card, Ros