Sunday, November 11, 2012

Remembering ...



Hello there ...

It's Remembrance Sunday here in the UK ... at 11am we have 2 minutes silence to remember the fallen from the past and present wars ... If only there could be peace ...

I have my card for Jingle Belles to share ... This prompt is a sketch ... by Allison Fillo  who by the way posts lots of sketch challenges on her Blog ... so if you are looking for one ... that's the place to be!

Here is the sketch


So, ok ... I kinda went a little of kilter with this one ... there was an idea floating around in my head ... so my image is not so much an image ... but a folded tree ... from a little piece of a book ... 12 tiny pages to be exact


Covered in a shower of mica flakes and glitter and decorated with little glittery stars


... But I did stick to the sketch ... even though my papers are not Christmas papers ... but I think the Melissa Frances range are so versatile ... and that little girl looked so 'Chrismassy' ...


I don't think this is going to go in an envelope though! Still it's something different 


I will leave you with a beautiful song from the late Dusty Springfield  ... For Remembrance Sunday


Till soon

~ Ros ~





17 comments:

Unknown said...

A wonderful tribute to those who have lost their lives... If only there were no armies anymore... Peace and freedom are such wonderful words... Why can there only be peace around Christmas time... So many questions sometimes... It's wonderful to see your fabulous folded tree again on such a lovely card Ros!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... I adore that texty tree ... makes me want to go fold paper right now ... such a gorgeous vintage design ... so glad you got sketchy with us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

i looooooooove seeing (& making!) xmas cards that are totally festive without using ANY specific holiday products; those MF papers are PERFECT for your gorgeously elegant shabby chic/vintage vibe... and just go to show that one needn't have a lot of specialty stuff, just a GREAT idea & a boatload of talent! (which you have BOTH, my friend!!!) ♥♥♥ looooooove this!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh, Ros~this is so GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE that folded tree and the mica and the MF papers and EVERYTHING! It is such a DREAMY card!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful post Ros. I'm in love with your bookpage Christmas tree! Brilliant:)

Sasha said...

Such a beautiful nostalgic Christmas card, Ros. I love your special tree!
Yes, a very poignant day today. As you say, if only there could be peace in the world:)
Amy news about Gipsy? x

Lynnda said...

ahhh Ros... this Christmas card is so beautiful... I love the xmas tree....Awesome... hugs...xoxo

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely amazing!!!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card. That tree is beautiful. Very creative my friend.

Hugs~

Sylvia said...

Love your beautiful Christmas card, Ros, that tree is genius! Thank you for remembering all the ones that have fallen for our freedoms! Have a wonderful Monday.

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Ros, and perfectly shabby chic! LOVE!

Barbara said...

It's a stunning card, Ros, and it doesn't need the sentiment to clearly "marked" as a Christmas card!

Chris said...

Another beautiful card, Ros. That MF paper looks just perfect for a Xmas card and as for your tree - well all I can say is stunning!

Tracy said...

That little paper tree mixed with the vintage image is just wonderful! Loveliness galore! Hugs!

Heather Rogers said...

I think this is perfectly Christmas looking. That 3D tree is fabulous! :)

Hugs~

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card. I love how you took the sketch and made it so much your own. Really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW Ros, LOVE the 3d tree with all the pretty glitter amazing!!!