Friday, September 06, 2013

My Home Town

Hello ...

It's a cold and wet September day here today and I thought I'd share some photos with you that my brother has taken of our Liverpool Water Front
... As it happens I live on the Liverpool side of the river Mersey whilst my brother lives on the other side (The Wirral) ... so these first two shots were taken looking across from his side of the river

(Click to enlarge)

I just love our waterfront when it's lit up like that ... The building with the clock is the Liver Building (pronounced Lie ... ver) with the 2 liver birds on top

And you know the Beatles song ... Ferry across the Mersey? This is it 


Everything looks a lot differently from when the Beatles wrote that song ... but the ferry still remains ...
See that tall kind of layered building far right? That's where I worked for many years until I had my son ...
It was opened by Princess Alexandra in 1976 - I presented her with a bouquet and we had a little chat too!

These shots are the Liverpool Eye ... the land mark ferris wheel 


In the background is the old dockland ... all refurbished and now beautiful apartments


To the left is the new Echo Arena where stars from all over the world hold concerts


I hope you enjoyed seeing a little of my home city ...

My crafting is taking a back seat for awhile as I still have a trapped nerve in my shoulder and just to add to that ... I have a painful infected tooth that will be coming out next week after the course of antibiotics and my eyes have decided to join the party - Blepharitis!
Oh the joys of being 60!

Enjoy your day!

Till soon

~ Ros ~
Edit ... 
As I have quite rightly been reminded ... It was Gerry and The Pacemakers who sang "Ferry Across The Mersey"!!! ...... Seems my brain is also ill .....

18 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Fabulous photo's, Liverpool is a great city. I haven't been for a while but plan on visiting it again, soon.
I hope you feel better soon, that shoulders lingering on. Have a good weekend. Deb x

Zue said...

It was Gerry and the Pacemakers.
Xxxxxxxx

Zue said...

Hope you feel better soon...you poor OLD thing :)
Xxxxx

Sylvia said...

Oh so sorry you are suffering, Ros, I hope everything will be as back to normal as possible. At our age there is always something! chin up, I enjoyed your photo's of Liverpool and the Mersey! love the Beatles! Have a beautiful Friday! Hugs

Barbara said...

Thanks for sharing these! I had no idea of Liverpool whatsoever so I'm a lot less ignorant now :-)
I hope your health issues don't give you too much trouble and will soon be resolved! Have a nice weekend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful photos Ros! I haven't been to Liverpool, just London hopefully one day! Thanks for sharing!

georgina said...

WOW great photos,loved the ferry when i was young and reminds me of Jerry and the Pacemakers lol,i dont live there anymore but my family live on the Wirral so i visit.Thanks for the memories, luv Georginax

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your brother is an awesome photographer, wonderful photos!
We are the perfect pair now, both suffering from pains and aches. Hugs to you my friend!

Teresa Zuehls said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour along part of the Mersey river. What a pretty picture it makes at night with all the lights. I think we have a bit in common. We live across the Puget Sound from Seattle and we take the ferry whenever we go to Seattle. They just put up a ferris wheel too but we haven't taken a ride on it yet. Thanks so much for sharing your part of the world with us.

Irene said...

What lovely pics of your home town. I enjoyed the tour. Hope you feel better soon.

Sasha said...

Fabulous photos, Ros.....from both sides of the Mersey! I cannot believe that although we are only approximately 80 miles away, we have never visited Liverpool!! xx

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous photos Ros... thanks for sharing!!! hugs....x

Sue Lelli said...

OMGoodness, Ros, you are a MESS! Hope you are all better soon! In my prayers! LOVED the photos however! Maybe one day I will make it there!

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your photos here.. I would love to visit Liverpool someday..

I do hope you feel better soon. I know tooth pain is the worst..

Hugs~

Tracy said...

LOL. You did throw me off a bit there with the Mersey artist. Hee hee. I think you're entitled to a slip of the brain now and then, especially when you have a tooth making it throb. I got the most amazing Beatles themed post card in the mail today to go along with this post. LOVE the Beatles!!!! Thanks so much Ros!

Diane said...

Lovely photos...wow, a beautiful place...we should all take photos of our home towns, wouldn't that be a challenge...lol...look slike a wonderful place to live and visit!! Hope you are better, I scrunched up my leg just below my knee on Sunday cleaning my oven..I need a maid...lol!!

Unknown said...

Your brother is an amazing photographer Ros, he has a great eye for things! So sorry to hear about your tooth, hope you're doing better now though? Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Ros, I hope things start looking up for you soon. No fun! Your pics are absolutely beautiful!