Friday, May 16, 2014

Ahoy!

Hello ...

I just had to do a card for CAS.ology before I left ...

 I saw the cue card 'Splash'


and having recently bought the Dockside stamps by Wplus9 from Make the Day Special I thought it was just perfect for what I had in mind ...

Here's what I came up with


My 'sea splash' is quite glossy ...


I inked up my paint splat stamp from Inkylicious with some distress stains ... stamped and dried it and then went over it again using Versamark and clear embossing powder ... you don't need to line up the stamp exactly ... in fact it's more effective if you don't 
I'm pleased with how it turned out ... what do you think? 


The little anchor is from my stash ...

Have a great day and take care

~ Ros ~




17 comments:

Diane said...

A creative masterpiece..I am loving your CAS cards...this is fantastic!! Sorry I haven't "been around" this week...I have guests and super busy for anything!! I hope you enjoy your vacation!!

Davi said...

Very cool card Ros!! I love the water splat, perfect with the theme of the card :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the rope Ahoy and your splat is FANTASTIC, fab card, Ros!

Barbara said...

Love the glossy splash! And I know someone said that before but your CAS cards are really getting more and more fabulous with each one you make!

Sylvia said...

Such a fun card, Ros, love the colors! blue seems to be the popular color right now! Have a fun time on vacation, Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

You're becoming an expert at CAS cards Ros! So powerful and beautiful at the same time, you have created a really vivid card here, I am seeing wild seas here ;-) Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Manuela said...

Hi Ros, great maritime card. Have a great break with a lot of fun, sun and warm weather. enjoy your vacation
Manuela

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Ros! Your ink splatters look fantastic! I hope you have a great weekend!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Ros!! I love the white space!

Mrs Beez said...

I love how you have done that splat. Another great CAS card.

Meghan said...

The gloss is just gorgeous on those paint splats! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Love the wet look of the splashes! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

Jinny Newlin said...

What a fun use for Dockside, Ros! Really love those glossy splashes!

Anonymous said...

What a great CAS card Ros!

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous CAS design. :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful Ros!

Tracy said...

Love your splash. The glossy accents adds fun shine and texture. Cute! Hugs!