Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mixed Media Mermaid

Hello from a very hot UK ...
We have a breeze blowing but it is still stifling and I am longing to be by the sea ...
Alas that can't happen so instead I created another sea themed mixed media wall hanging ...

I saw THIS brilliant tutorial by the equally brilliant Gabrielle Pollacco ... I was smitten ... I had to give it a try ...

Here's my version ... 



I used so many things here ... occasionally taking thing off and putting things on ... the background was  quite easy ...  I've watched a lot of you experts doing it for so long and with such lovely results


I made the mermaid and the shells ... everything else came out of my supplies


I wanted it to look like that little mermaid had broken free from the net


Dreams set you free ....

You remember my Dolphin Tag from a couple of days ago? Well, Miss Sophia my great niece was here yesterday and was besotted with it Lol! I asked her if she'd like it and she just lit up ... said she would love it to put on her wall ... So we wrapped it in pink tissue paper - Her favourite she said ...
I can't resist that cutie and she ended up going home with a box of my creations ... And she made a card for me too!

I'm catching up with my BFF this evening ... looking forward to it

Thanks for looking in

Till soon

~ Ros ~





17 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh how lovely is this, I've tried mixed media on and off, just haven't get hold of it, yours sure is one I could admired!

Barbara said...

Stunning! There is nothing more I can say.

Robyn Oliver said...

I'm sighing again Ros....this is Beautiful...oh - I love all the aspects of it, so many interesting things to catch your eye and I LLLooove the colours. Gorgeous, meaningful and lovely to have on the wall. Cheers Robyn

Deb Hickman said...

Oh Ros, it's absolutely stunning!!!!! All those details, it's a work of art. X

Diane said...

Wow, another stunning creation...the Mermaid is a beautiful piece of art...I kept looking at it and all the details...and all the details at the bottom, the net, shells, you sure knocked this out of the park..so stunning!! Hope you had a great time with your friend and it cools down, it is quite cool here for July!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

This is beautiful and looks like too much fun for one person!!! I can't wait to give it a try! ((hugs)), Rebecca

Unknown said...

Holy smokes Ros!!! This one really knocks me right out of my socks, pardon the words! Are you sure your last name is Crawford and not Pollacco? LOL! Goodness girl, your canvas is absolutely brilliant, I'm totally totally smitten! The colours, the textures, the adornments, I could go on and on ;-) Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wow, wow, woooow! I was just as mesmerised by Gabrielle's video but haven't plucked up the courage to give it a go yet. Your panel is stunning, so beautifully made! Wow!!!

Tracy said...

Wow! She's a fave of mine and some how I missed that vid. Just watched it and it was amazing. You really did a great job on yours Ros. Looking at this ought to have you in the tropical mood anytime you feel the need. Lovely! Hugs!

Mrs Beez said...

This is gorgeous Ros - I love the glimpse of the mermaid and those fabulous glittery swirls. Your niece is so lucky to take away some of your goodies :)

Anonymous said...

This is beyond fabulous Ros WOW!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Ros! What a fabulous work of art! Love all the dimension! Bravo!

Sue Lelli said...

your mermaid is beyond GORGEOUS! I am in LOVE with the wall hanging! Wish you lived here cause I would make you wrap it up in pink tissue (my FAV) and take it home with me! LOL! LOVED that story!

Greta said...

I am totally in awe! What an incredible creation--love it!

Heidi said...

Stunning!
Beautiful colours and lovely details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Sylvia said...

Don't know where I put my comment as I know I did it the other morning. Love your mermaid, so artsy, Ros!

Anonymous said...

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming
over again to read additional news.