Thursday, May 07, 2015

Hexagons

Hello!
The week has flown by - I can't believe it's Thursday already

My card today was inspired by the amazing Laura Bassen who posted This card using hexagons... 
Well, I had this little hexagon die that I've never used so decided to pull it out - 



I don't have any Copics but I do love to play with paint...


 I took a scrap piece of pearlescent CS and sprayed it with various inks, tilting the card to get some interesting designs and when it was dry I cut out some hexagon shapes and adhered them to a scrap piece of vellum...


I also cut the word 'you' from the same painted CS 

The cue card at CAS.ology this week is Shape


...So I'll be entering my card there


Have a lovely day/evening ... I'm working with my special needs group tonight and I'm looking forward to it

Thanks so much for stopping by

~ Ros ~



20 comments:

Darnell said...

You rocked the brilliant LB style big-time, Ros! I am in love with these!! You used pearly paper, eh? Thank you for that tidbit of inspired genius!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love this card of yours!

Barbara said...

YOU are amazing! What a fantastic card - love the colors... unbelievable what can be done with these hexagons.

Judith said...

Laura Bassen is really talanted.
And your card is fantastic too! Beautiful colours!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful creativity!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Ros! You work wonders with your paints, the colours and mixtures here are drop dead gorgeous! A stunning card! hugs :)

Davi said...

Ros love your awesome card!! The way you did your color for the hexs looks beautiful!! Have a great weekend :)

Samra said...

WOW!!! What a fantastic card Ros!!! Love the choice of colors and such a great design!!

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW Ros, so simple and gorgeous, love these colours too - you always use fabulous colours!!

Manuela said...

Super Card, love the colors of the hexgons!

Greta said...

Did you hear me gasp?! You are just the most amazing designer, Ros--another stunner! Thanks for always inspiring me!

Linda Breedlove said...

What an totally fantastic card... love the choice of your ink colors... so beautiful!!!

Maria said...

Such lovely color and design...love it!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautifully done! Great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Lovely interpretation of the cue, Ros! Those pearly hexagons and sentiment in matching tones are beautiful. Love how light you have kept the whole feel of the card also! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at CASology this week!

Sylvia said...

Love the water colored quilt pieces(hexagons), love them...you don't need Copics!

Stella said...

Hello dear! I think this is a bit of the smooching technique? I LOVE it. Hexagons are always fun and I love the variety of colors/shades. Fab idea to place them on vellum. Your card is gorgeous!
Have a lovely evening...
XXXXX

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love it.

Tracy said...

What a clever way to color up those hexagons. Fantastic CAS design too.

Diane said...

Hexagons....oh so pretty and a creative way to use them, too...what beautiful colors....you have a wonderful knack for just the right combos!!