Monday, June 01, 2015

Masking Day 5

Hello...

I've enjoyed learning the tips and tricks with the online class Mask-erade


Day 5 was a lesson using heat embossing to mask your images and once again there were some lovely samples from the tutors...
I'm loving water colouring lately and I used a poppy stencil to create this card


You can make your own stencil by using the negative part of a die cut ... tape it down onto your card and smoosh away with your Versamark then heat emboss with clear EP or you could just use your stamps


The embossing resists the paint ... I used TH distress stains for my card ... I love them
You can also see that I added a few old Rubons ...I love how that little butterfly looks against the water colour... To be honest I wasn't sure they would work but they did


I'll share a little tip with you that Debbie Hughes gave and that was if you iron over the embossing (using a piece of paper) the shine comes off... I didn't try that - I thought I may just ruin the whole thing.

Thanks so much for popping by ... Have a lovely day

~ Ros ~





20 comments:

craftytreen said...

this card so nice soft and lovely. its gorgeous. I love the stamps you used and the colors. really lovely. thanks so much for sharing it with me.

Pamellia said...

Wow Ros, this is so dreamy I could melt right into it!! Gorgeous! hugs :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Another soft and beautiful card!

Unknown said...

So beautifull and sweet, Ros! ))

Darnell said...

Mmmm, breathtaking, Ros! I love the soft dreamy feel you get with your watercoloring. I tried to emulate you with my leaf card, by blotting up the colors as I went. I love the vibrant colors, too, but when it comes to lavenders and soft mints and blues, I think they look so pretty in pastels. The butterfly on here is really soft. I thought about ironing, but I was scared, too! Besides, I like the sheen. I liked it so much I embossed over mine again in white. Next time, let's sit next to each other in class, okay?! Hugs, Darnell

Robyn Oliver said...

OOOh wow Ros, I love those colours you've used over the white embossed flower and the just a touch of stamping - gorgeous

Stella said...

I am smitten....do I need to say more? XXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Ros! Took the class to and haven't made one card yet lol

Linda Breedlove said...

Beautiful, Ros! Love this!!!

Greta said...

This is just dreamy, Ros--LOVE it!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely stunning, girl! LOVE the color here, and I can totally see why you're loving the watercolor look right now. You do it so well!

Diane said...

I have to agree, the first word that came to mind seeing this was "dreamy"! Another beauty my friend!!

Barbara said...

The softness is almost too much to take! Wonderful card.

Manuela said...

pretty card!

adele holcomb said...

Love these soft, pretty colors, and the French overstamping? rubons? In either case it works well!

Mrs Beez said...

What a great technique and effect. And of course the sequins!

Samra said...

This is simply stunning!!! Love the colors and fresh modern look.

Sylvia said...

Can't seem to keep up with your many cards, but this is wonderful!

Jacqueline said...

Wow! Gorgeous, love the postmark in the middle!

Tracy said...

Oooo another lovely soft card. The effect is so soothing. You're doing an awesome job with these masking techniques. :-)