Wednesday, September 02, 2015

September, Birthdays and Holidays


Early September...
The shops are bustling with parents and children buying uniforms and all the necessary supplies as the school term starts again.... Leaves are falling from the trees, flowers are dying out and the squirrel is rushing around my garden trying to gather anything he can before winter sets in. And we have rain... lots of it...Ginger cat is miserable and mooching around not knowing quite what to do with himself.

There are lots of birthdays this month in my circle of friends and family and DH is due to be a grandfather for the second time next week, so here's another birthday card I've made for a blog friend ... 


One way to dress up old papers is to stencil on them and add a good splash of paint Lol! This kind of looks like a galaxy now, that's not what I was aiming for but I'm ok with it


It's contrary to the white space cards I normally do and I've added a flower...I have lots of them because I always used them a lot but no so much now. I even squeezed in some watercolour on the leaves


Did I tell you we were hoping to get away this month? I so need some sunshine and rest. Well it seems that the whole world had the same idea and it's been a nightmare trying to get anything... It appears that lots of people are reluctant to travel to certain places now due to the unrest with wars, economies and other issues but yesterday I did find something and in a couple of weeks we are off to a luxury hotel in a quiet area of my favourite island Majorca. We've never stayed in this part before though we have visited it ...  People like Tom Cruise and Claudia Schiffer have properties in the area so it should be good.

Well, I'll let you get on ... Thanks so much for stopping by 
Have a great day

~ Ros ~


16 comments:

Sylvia said...

Very beautiful card, Ros, love the water color background! Happy September to you...have a wonderful Wednesday!

Barbara said...

Wonderful glittery stenciled stars... another technique I've never used and you keep tempting me!! Great card! On another note: whenever you go, have a great trip to Majorca!

Stella said...

It´s wonderful to see how you add a personal twist and make a fab design with use of one of your stencils. Your friend will love it!

Good to hear you are going to Majorcxa again+ I know how much you love and need some sunshine. I hope that the staff of the hotel treats you like a star you deserve it!
XXXXX

Greta said...

Do you have room in your suitcase for a stow away?! Guess I'll have to just enjoy it through your pictures! What a great card, Ros--love how you changed that printed paper! Thanks for the great idea!

Diane said...

Oh how very pretty...love the flower...and a very different color combo for you...love it, love it! Have fun on your getaway....sounds beautiful, can't wait to see all the photos you will be bringing back.....enjoy!!!

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous card Ros, that background is superb and the flower is so pretty. Enjoy your sunshine!

Ксения Phedra Ли said...

This card looks like mixed media! But on the other hand: it is simple and eye catching! Gorgeous project I should say)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your BG and that flower is Gorgeous! FAB card, Ros!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful card!
Come over to Vegas, sunshine everyday, LOL! Well, the hot summer is going to be over soon, then we will have 9 months of nice weather until next summer, YAY!
It is nice to be able to get to somewhere peaceful and quiet these days, I was just watching the news and thought, oh no, I haven't been to budapest, it was on my list but with all the people flocking in from Syria and Iraq, and to munich and other parts of Europe, the world is not so peaceful anymore.
Have fun for your trip!

Maria said...

Just gorgeous, Ros! Very pretty background with color and stars! And, the lovely flower adds the perfect touch!

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful background you created! Your card is gorgeous, and I love the way your flower blends so well!

Tracy said...

The embossing paste and stenciling give that DP a totally different look.I also really like the way you did the sentiment. Beautiful work my friend. Wow! You might be rubbing elbows with the celebs. LOL. Glad you could find something. Hugs!

Linda Breedlove said...

Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful, and we too, would love to get away somewhere peaceful. Right now it's pouring rain and lots of thunder. Poor Cassidy is so upset... she keeps barking. Ah, for a moment of quiet!
Your card is amazing... you should use flowers more often, but then no matter what you do with your cards they look fantastic. This one is gorgeous! Such a good idea to add the stenciling and splatters... just beautiful, Ros!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Ros! Love the beautiful star studded background and fancy blossom!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful card Ros! I loooove the 'galaxy' background and the flower looks super lush!
Thank you soooooooooo much for the beautiful birthday card that is now proudly displayed in my home :). And for all your kind thoughts and wishes.
It's been a while since I had a chance to indulge myself in crafty blog visits and I really missed seeing your lovely creations! Hope you are well my friend! Big hugs xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty, Ros! Such a beautiful bloom, and I just love how you've been adding texture with paste!

Thanks, too, for the sweet comments you've left on my blog! I'm so sorry that your hubby's family doesn't want to know you. Unfortunately, I know exactly how you feel, as my hubby's family is the same way with me. But they're the ones missing out. We're two pretty cool gals, if you ask me ;). Big hugs!