Friday, March 11, 2016

Thursday Club

Hello...
It's a bright and beautiful morning here albeit still quite cold.

 I'm glad it's Friday... It's been a busy week for me and last night I was running my craft class at Thursday Club.
As you may know the people in my class are mentally and physically challenged so they can't piece together certain things - the projects have to be semi completed for them.
Here's what we did last night


It holds a candle (a battery one) and lights up the scene 


And they also made cards

 
As you can tell that's a lot of cutting and planning for me with a group of around 20 people.

I don't think I shared the owl treat holder we made as one of our Valentine projects so here it is


We filled them with sweets and also made a few cards

I've prepared their Easter crafts so for now I can finally get back to creating my own things, though I'm a little worn out right now Lol!

DH will be home tomorrow after spending time in Spain golfing. Alas it seems it was very cold there and I don't think he enjoyed his break.....I kind of enjoyed myself though..Hee hee

Have a beautiful day

Till soon

~ Ros ~

16 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute projects Ros! The fun owl is my fave!

Maria said...

Amazing projects, Ros! Love the city scene and the cats perched on the edge! And, how awesome that it lights up, too! Your owl is just too CUTE and the spring card is so sweet! I'm sure your members of the club had great fun with these wonderful projects!

Barbara said...

So many projects! And all of them so special! I'd love to see how the tea light holder looks lit up - but that's probably hard to photograph. Have a good weekend!

Mac Mable said...

What hard work but so very rewarding I suspect. Such fun and fabulous ideas and so very creative. You are one talented lady x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOnderful work for the club, I know, I teach 19 teenagers and it is hard to prepare and do all those cutting before the class.
Sometimes I do love those little breaks when DH travel too, the world with just me and Papi is so perfect! : )

Stella said...

My oh my this has been a LOT of work prepping and helping to semble it all. But the result is truly amazing I love them all and your group is privileged with you. I can iamgine you must be worn out. Have a wonderful weekend. Relax and enjoy:)
Sending a big hug!
XXX

Linda Breedlove said...

Wonderful projects, Ros. I can't imagine the amount of hours you spend in preparation for the club. You are truly a dedicated lady and I greatly admire you for it!
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Marina said...

What fabulous projects. How proud your group must be of theirs! And how lucky they are to have you!

Greta said...

Wouldn't it be fun to send our hubby's away together & we could craft! I'd love to make the projects you do for your class, Ros--so clever & cute! I really like the candle bag!

Pamellia said...

Fabulous projects Ros! I love the little window for the candle, and the ledge on the front, so fun! hugs :)

Davi said...

What Great projects and card Ros! You are such a sweetheart to take the time to craft with your class. What a blessing for them to be able to make awesome creations because you care!! I love love the little house scene and how fun for it to be illuminated with the candle!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous projects. Sharing your talents with someone else is so special. Thanks for all you do for them.

Lorraine said...

Your projects are so well put together. They show a lot of love and dedication.

Mrs Beez said...

What a fabulous set of projects and how hard you work to prepare everything. That owl is totally adorable.

Diane said...

Fabulous projects Ros, I imagine your group absolutely loves it when you all get together, what fun and creative projects you have for them...I just love them myself!!

Tracy said...

You are such a blessing to that group Ros. I can only imagine how much they look forward to their Thursday night with you. You always find the cutest ideas for them. Wonderful projects!