Tuesday, April 19, 2016

City Crafter 308

Hello there...
It's my turn to host the challenge this week at 


 An Englishman's Home Is His Castle


We want you to create a card or project that features either a House or the word Home


I did some masking and ink blending for my card


It's a technique that I really like and keeps the card pretty much flat except for the gems and the glossy heart


I used a variety of different stamps here too...

I'm sorry I'm not up to writing much today ... Losing our cat yesterday has set me back but I would like to say a huge Thank You to all of you for your kind words - We really appreciate your thoughfulness.

 Please hop on over to the City Crafter Blog to see what the team have come up with and say 'Hi' to our Guest designer this week Yalentini

The winner of last week's prize will be announced in the next few days too

Take care

~ Ros ~
 

17 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Lovely card and such a great technique, so effective. Love the contrast of the black too.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Ros! Love the soft color palette that you used to create the beautiful background!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Ros, love the water color background! Happy Tuesday!

Maria said...

Your card is so dreamy with the ink blending and beautiful house...gorgeous card, Ros!

Barbara said...

Such a nice card - I really like the effect of the cross stitch!

Marina said...

Beautiful sherbet colours and I love the glossy heart.

Greta said...

Beautifully crafted card, Ros! You're in my thoughts, sweet friend.

Pamellia said...

Beautifully blended colours, what a serene background for your scene! My thoughts are with you Ros as you struggle with this loss. hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful blending and beautiful masking technique..So very pretty, calm and delicate. Loving the pop of black and the sentiment is so perfect, just gorgeous Ros x

Diane said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful background!! I am thinking of you my friend, I am sure my Nellie greeted your Gipsy with open arms as she loved kitties and in a good way, a very gentle soul!!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous masking and blending, Ros, your card is beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a tragedy.

Marjan said...

I am your latest follower, Ros. I love this card with the subtle background and the strong black accents, beautiful contrast! Wishing you and Stella a lovely time!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love this, so pretty!
Sorry to hear about your cat Ros, do take care!

Patti said...

Such a beautiful card!! I love the soft coloring you did and the added bold branch in the front give s striking accent!

So sorry about your loss : (

Patti

Tracy said...

You mixed some great techniques on this card Ros. Lots of detail and color. Thinking of you dear friend. Hugs!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! That background is so deliciously soft and absolutely gorgeous! What a stunning take on the inspiration photo, Ros!

Heidi said...

Beautiful card!
Lovely details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)