Saturday, September 22, 2018

3 Little Monkeys

Hi...
Happy Weekend

It's stopped raining for now... Boy we've had so much rain these past few days along with really strong gales... 

Today I have another film strip card using some monkey stamps I haven't used before


My Mum used to call my brothers and I the 3 little monkeys... Funny how things come back to you
For the BG I used that lovely vine stamp I've had forever. It's a Penny Black wood stamp which I embossed and then added colour to parts of the leaves.


I didn't add a sentiment to this yet... I can add one later.

I've finally made a start on some Christmas cards - To be honest I just haven't had the inclination so I pulled out all of last years' leftovers together with bits from recent makes and made a few cards using them - I'll share some in the next few days.
I've got a feeling I'm coming down with a cold or something... I have no energy at all today so I may be forced to take it easy and sit through a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy Lol! I never watched it first time round and now I'm completely hooked!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend

~ Ros ~
 

14 comments:

Pat said...

I love that film strip and the monkeys are so cute, and those pretty leaves make a beautiful background Ros and all so prettily coloured. I do hope you don't get a cold. I use First Defence nasal spray if I think I might be getting something and it does help to nip it in the bud if you catch it quick enough, but perhaps you don't like using things like this. Enjoy your Gray's Anatomy anyway. I must admit I've never seen it. x

Barbara said...

Oh, this is such cute card - and it may not even need a sentiment! Your design just says it all. We now have strong winds, too, but so far only little rain - but I welcome this wonderful fall weather! Hope you're not coming down with something; if so: get well soon!

Christine Alexander said...

Adorable Ros, the film strip is an awesome frame for those cute little monkeys :)

Mac Mable said...

Yes actually dry our end today too...with the odd light shower, nothing like the awful weather we've had. What an adorable card....those cheeky monkeys sure do look like that, having fun and being mischievous x. Love how you've stamped them slightly off the film strip and the partial colouring of the wonderful leaf vine stamp. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas cards next....Hope you feel brighter soon? x.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the card!!! Too precious!!
Hope you are feeling well soon! : )

Carole said...

Love your monkeys Ros...they look so cheeky, and have made me smile. Rain has stopped today...and the wind but not before it brought the fence down!!...Another expense to add to the list now!

Maria said...

Darling fun card with the theee little monkeys, Ros! Very pretty embossed colored leaves, too! I used to call my son and his twin cousins the three little monkeys!:). Feels like fall here with much cooler temps. Take care and have a great week!

Papercraft Boutique said...

The three little monkeys are adorable in the film strip, Ros! The background leaves echo the leaves in the film. Great design!
I hope you get well soon. Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Such a fun and beautifully colored 3 little monkeys film strip, Ros. Love your heat embossed and colored vine in the background too. Can't wait to see your Christmas cards. If you get some Oil of Oregano capsules you might be able to get rid of the bug before it takes hold. Learned this from our friend Karen, who is a child care provider. It really has worked for me and my husband this last year:-)

Sleep and liquids always help too. Hugs, Nancy

Greta said...

Hope you beat the bug trying to get you! Love your card, Ros--so cute & creative!

Pauline said...

What a sweet card. Love those little monkeys, and your embossed leaves in behind. I hope you feel better soon, take care Ros!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, those monkeys in the film strip -- so cute! Love the gorgeous vines which you were so clever to use in the background, too. Yes, memories... Oh, I love how you stamp, Ros!

Sue Lelli said...

Adorable my nkeys! I love their different poses in the film strip!

Tracy said...

Awwww those little cuties look like they could really get into some mischief. I like the film strip and your vine stamp goes perfectly for a jungle feel.