Friday, September 28, 2018

Deer for all Seasons

Hello...
How has your week been?
We've had some lovely sunny days and the week has flown by - It did include a visit to the dentist which always terrifies me... I got myself all psyched up expecting to have a filling but I only got the examination and have to go back next week for the filling...sigh

I shared some Christmas cards at the beginning of the week - Some quick ones and some a little more time consuming. I like it when I can make a batch of cards quickly and having the Misti really helps. I made a batch of these one layered, easy to post cards using a Hero Arts
stamp I got last year


I love that  stamp and the Ombre Ink

 
I  removed the stamp from the wooden block so I could use it in the Misti - it's so much easier - And whilst I had it out, I made a fall card to send to a friend - This time using the Autumn Ombre ink (also by Hero Arts)


 I just love the colours and though the stamp is a Christmas stamp, I think it works just as well here


There's not much sign of fall colours here yet but there are plenty of acorns and chestnuts about and the squirrels are loving it.

I hope you enjoy your day and have a lovely weekend

Till soon

~ Ros ~
 

14 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Two incredibly gorgeous cards, Ros! I absolutely LOVE the stamp and how easy it looks to make something so beautiful. The gold branch is just perfect. I can see how the MISTI would be just the thing for this largish solid stamp. I feel like rushing right out and buying everything you used on these cards, sigh... Somebody stop me!

Marcia Hill said...

Both the Christmas and the Fall cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Roz...LOVE the depth of color!! :0)

Carole said...

These are as always stunning cards Ros..right up my ally. I love both colourways and that beautiful stamp...gorgeous.xx

Marina said...

How beautiful these are. The branch is the perfect, unfussy embellishment. I always take my stamps off the wood blocks now to use in a stamping platform. For storage, I put them back with the block and hold them together with cling film - must look strange to others!

Tracy said...

Nothing like having a versatile stamp in your arsenal. The colors on both are beautiful Ros.

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous stamp - and you are right, it does work for the autumn card, too... though being the Christmas manias that I am, I do prefer the first one! But they are both stunning!

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous stamp and used in two beautiful colourways. The ombre effect is stunning and the pop of gold looks fabulous x. Sorry about the trip to the dentist Ros x

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards, Ros! What a dreamy serene scene! Lovely colors and the addition with the gold is very pretty!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous Christmas card and fall card, Ros! The stamped image is amazingly beautiful and the ombre sky is simply stunning! I love that you added the gold branch to the scene! Hideko xx

Greta said...

What a neat stamp--love both versions! The leafy branch is such a fabulous element! Love your style, my dear friend!

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards Ros, wow! I love those inks you have used, so much in fact, you have enabled me to order a few to try!! The backgrounds couldn't be any better, or prettier for that fabulous stamp! Not much color here yet, which I am thankful for as we are to have rain most of the week and it would knock all the leaves off, which I am NOT ready for at all! Have a great week my friend, sorry I haven't been here earlier but the hubby had some surgery and I have been taking care of him and you know how men 'patients' are!!

Inkyfingers said...

Isn't it amazing the difference colour makes to a card Ros? I love both colours and that stamp is so beautiful and peaceful. The gold die cut is a perfect finishing touch.
Hope you had a good weekend Ros.
Hugs
Carol x

Pauline said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning Ros! I love how you have added the gold branch overhanging into the image. I need to find a stamp that I can mass produce cards with. Thanks for inspiring me today Ros!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous cards Ros, love that stamp and your ombre effects against the white card is stunning