Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Clearly Besotted - Daffodils

Hello... 
Well, winter is not finished with us by a long way yet with snow and ice forecast...I'm so glad I don't have to go to work anymore but truthfully, I'd rather have the cold than the stifling heat. 
Of course it's nothing compared with the conditions some of you are dealing with and I think of you.
 
I finally got around to making some cards, inspired by the vases of fresh daffodils and tulips I have in my home. I just love spring flowers, they make me happy! But I never expected to have them in January...
Today's card is for a sweet blog friend who will be celebrating her birthday soon
 
 
The daffodil stamps and dies are from Clearly Besotted 
 
 
Not the best photos because it's so dull here but you can see the embossing from this angle
 
 
When I ordered the daffodil stamps and dies I was sent the the tulip set by mistake but what a fabulous company... They sent the correct ones and told me to keep the others. So I made another card using the tulips which I will share another day
 
Before I go, a big thank you to the teams at CAS Watercolour and CAS Stencil challenge for my win and Top Pick - I'm thrilled
 
Stay warm people and be safe
 
Till soon 
 
~ Ros ~

12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Ros! Your daffodils are colored (and embossed!) just beautifully!! This card totally makes me smile while it is COLD and blizzarding outside here!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the gold embossing! LOVE the box of BEAUTIFUL daffodils! LOVE spring flowers and I have tulips on my counter right now! FABULOUS card, Ros!

Pat said...

Firstly, congratulations on being the joint winner of the CAS Watercolour Challenge Ros, really well deserved! These tulips are beautifully coloured and the little box arrangement on the front of the card is such a lovely idea, and the coordinating ribbon and pearls and dp look great, and finished with the pretty sequins too. x

Pat said...

Sorry, I just realised as I pressed the buttons that they are daffodils not tulips! I know you mentioned tulips in the post, and Clearly Besotted were very fair to let you keep them after sending them by mistake. I have never bought any of their stamps but they have some super images so must give them a try. x

Mac Mable said...

Well deserve Win and Top Pick Ros x
Such a beautiful card with a great layout and wonderful colouring. The daffodils look so pretty and yes what a great company they are x.

Mia said...

Gorgeous card, Ros. Your daffodils look amazing and I love the box die. Kisses, my friend.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow! This looks so pretty.

Leslie Miller said...

Look at this beautiful breath of fresh air! Daffodils in a box... as though the bulbs were shipped and they sprouted up and bloomed the moment the box was opened. I haven't seen any daffodils yet, but it's been rather spring like weather lately. I'm with you, Ros... I'd rather have the cold than the super hot heat. I might sing a different tune if I lived in the US midwest. Such a pretty card!

Pauline said...

Oh I so would love to see spring flowers popping up at my house, but that won't happen for at least 2-3 months. It is so cold here the wind chill is -38C. It's all you can do to get from your work to your car to your home, the chill goes right through you! BRRRRR. For your card Ros, this is so delightful to see these daffodils today. It brings a smile to my face. I love flowers, and you have coloured them so pretty, and love how you created the box for them. A lovely birthday card for your friend. She will love this!

Maria said...

Oh, so pretty, Ros! Love the beautiful yellow daffodils! I can hardly wait for warmer weather and see spring flowers! Today is another day with frigid temps, but next week will bring temps near 50...a welcome change!

Barbara said...

I was standing in front of tulips and daffodils at my supermarket this morning, deliberating. Then decided it was too early in the year... but I love to see them on your card!

Greta said...

Congrats on more wins at the CAS challenges! Your cards are always so creative & beautiful, Ros! Love the tulips--just saw some that look almost like these in a vase at someone's house! We're getting pretty cold tonight, but at least we didn't have ice or snow!