Thursday, January 24, 2019

Project 3 - Beachside

Good morning...
 
Another week is almost over.. It's been cold and miserable and I'm longing for Spring to arrive as I'm sure you all are... Lately I've been longing for the beach, warm sunshine and waves rolling on the sand, which prompted my latest miniature project "Beachside"
In case you are wondering... I never had a dolls house when I was a kid and funnily enough they never interested me... I just like making things and recycling I suppose.
 

The wooden frame was the 'inner' left from my previous project... Just a 6x6 square which I then made into a shadow box and it went from there...
 
 
I made the window with square dies and bits of card and behind the glass (acetate) is a voile curtain... I also made a windowledge from card then added wooden beams and die cut some oars. 
 
 
Everything else is just improvised ... The bird on a perch wind chime was an earring to which I added some shells... the little flip flops, ship and anchor were all charms I've collected over the years and the umbrella is a paper cocktail stick that I pressed into a piece painted cork from a wine bottle
 
 
Can you see the ceiling light? That's a candle tealight wrapped in hessian and fitted into the ceiling with access for the switch above... More hessian for the mat with a hand sewn cushion and a piece of toweling and finally a fence that I also had in my stash together with a washi tape banner.
 
That's it for today... Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day
 
~ Ros ~

 

16 comments:

Diane said...

What a stunning little beach house with all the fine and cute little details..I just LOVE it!! Every detail is so perfect..how FUN!! Sad to say several years ago I bought two chipboard house shadow boxes to decorate, one for me and one for my Mom, of course here they sit and she never got hers and I know she would of loved it. I miss showing her all my paper made projects, she was my biggest supporter. Maybe now you have inspired me to get at least one created..maybe an Easter one..thanks Ros!!

Carole said...

Absolutely fascinating and brilliant Ros...I'll say it again..you are so clever!...love it! lets go for a paddle shall we? xx

Mac Mable said...

You are so creative Ros and what an adorable 3D scene in that fabulous shadow box. Loved how you improvised and such a fun wind chime and ceiling light. You sure had fun making this one x

Pat said...

What a cleverly made little scene Ros and I love the washed boards look and all the little extra touches with the oars, umbrella and the little cushion and towelling rug? There are so many bits of interest, and the washi tape makes beautiful bunting. Gorgeous! x

Christine Alexander said...

Ros, you blow me away every time I see one of your 3D creations. so much detail, I love them :)

nancy littrell said...

I can't imagine all the time spent on your project. Just gathering all the tiny doll house decor plus building the shadow box doll house. Wow! You are amazing, Ros. TFS and explaining your building process.

My twin sister and I had one doll house we shared, but I was more into playing outside. Margie played the most with our doll house, but I did like it. A friend built the doll house for us. Fun times. Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, for heaven's sake, Ros! I can't even... Seriously, all the little details... more than you even point out, such as the bracket that holds the oars. It goes on and on and is utterly fascinating to me. My dearest dream when I was growing up was to have my own home to keep and decorate. A beach room like this would be a real plus! Wow!

Maria said...

Oh, my goodness!! Over to top amazing creation, Ros!! Love the shell wind chime, ceiling light, charms, fence banner...love it all! When I was young, I didn't have a doll house either. My sisters and I would make furniture out of cardboard, etc. How fun it is to look at your fabulous creation...smiling here!:-) Well done, Ros!!

Greta said...

You really are amazing, Ros! The bits of burlap & the umbrella & the little shells--just fabulous!

Marina said...

It just looks like I imagine a real beach hut would look inside! Love it.

Davi said...

what a totally delightful beach scene you created! All your attention to the little details and the repurposing things make for a perfect creation!!

Sue Lelli said...

I think miniatures is your new calling! You KNOW this beach scene is calling to me! So many CLEVER details and that light is Fantastic! LOVE this, Ros!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That looks like a room for me, lying there listening to the sound of the ocean, ahhhh.... I so need that now!

Papercraft Boutique said...

You always amaze me with these Project series, Ros! I love every one of them! These projects show how creative and resourceful you are. The window & windowledge, the bird on a perch wind chime (an earring!!!), the umbrella, the ceiling light, the washi tape banner - I appreciate all the details. Whew! Thanks so much for sharing this fantastic shadow box with us!
Hideko xx

Barbara said...

That looks like the perfect vacation spot - love the shells in particular, don't know why...

Darnell said...

So interesting that you didn't have a dollhouse growing up, Ros. You would have been the envy of every other little girl in the neighborhood if you had! This beach hut is utterly amazing with every possible detail thought of and perfectly executed! Keep 'em coming!! Hugs, Darnell