Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Upcycle/ Recycle

Hi there...

I had lots of lovely cards sent to me for my birthday earlier this month, the majority of which were shop bought and didn't want to just dispose of them but you can only keep so much right? So yesterday I spent some time cutting bits and bobs that I could reuse. I never know if it's called recycling or up-cycling but whatever... I made 5 cards together with a few new craft goodies I got recently.


The main panel on this card started life as a gift card holder (from M&S). It was just too pretty not to make use of


One of my recent purchases was the 'Special' die and sentiment set by Gemini - there are 14 sentiments in the set and a bargain at just over £5. I also picked up a new IndigoBlu stencil (basket weave) which I wanted to try and I love it!
 
 
It made a great panel for the recycled bits to which I added a button, twine and shadowed the word die by cutting it twice, once in black and again in white


 And then there was this little mouse that captured my heart...


I couldn't let him go could I?


I'll share the others later in the week

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for popping in

~ Ros ~

15 comments:

Pat said...

What a great idea to upcycle your birthday cards Ros and I love all the designs and the basketweave stencil is lovely on one of the backgrounds, and the mouse is indeed a cutie. x

Mac Mable said...

Great re-cycling Ros and no you sure could not of let the adorable little mouse go x. Great idea to reuse the M&S gift card holder too x.

Pauline said...

Squeel!! Ros, these are amazing cards. What a great idea to recycle. I have so many that I have kept over the years, I think I need to reuse them. Love the stenciling background as well, so soft and pretty. Love all of these, you have such a great eye for details! I agree the mouse is so sweet! TFS!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, that little mouse! I'm glad you gave him a new home. I totally believe in getting new life out of beautiful things like this. I love your first two cards, too. So fresh and pretty. The stencil and the Gemini set look amazing!

Christine Alexander said...

great idea to up-cycle your birthday cards it's all ways such a to throw them out. Love what you did with them.

Carole said...

This is great up cycling Ros...and what pretty birthday cards you received. I hope you had a good one. Your up cycled cards are set off well with your new stencil........looking forward to seeing your others.xx

nancy littrell said...

I should recycle my store bought cards too...you have me inspired by your gorgeous card with the watercolored background. Love how you used your bits and pieces with your soft and pretty stenciled background. Who could resist your sweet little mouse. Three "Special" cards, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

Such fabulous up-cycling today, Ros!!! I think it's a fabulous idea to use bits of cards given... the love lives on!
Thank you, too, for showing me how those stencils should be used - I love this soft halo of interest you've added to your cards.
Lastly, the mouse?? I would never set a trap for this guy that didn't involve my hands! xx
=]

Bonnie said...

Great job of upcycling or recycling (I never know which is right either)! Each of these new cards is fantastic with your special spin! I think you're going to really enjoy the stencil too!

Maria said...

Great way to up-cycle, how fun! Your cards are so lovely! Great design and love the stenciled background, so soft and pretty! And, I I can’t help but smile looking at the sweet mouse card!:). Take care, hugs!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love your wonderful designs, the cool die-cut sentiments, and soft stenciling with all those upcycled goodies!
Hideko xx

Greta said...

You are so clever, my friend! These are wonderful cards with the bits & pieces that you saved--love them!

Diane said...

All the cards are beautifully created but my heart goes out to the adorable little mouse..fabulous 'saves'!!

Barbara said...

These cards are all fabulous - and even more so because of this being their second life of sorts. And you are absolutely right: the little mouse is way too cute to let go!

Sue Lelli said...

What a deal on those FAB dies! These cards are wonderful!