Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Deer

Hello there.. I hope you are doing okay, keeping safe and warm

My friend and neighbour has come down with the virus, though it just seems like a heavy cold with none of the known symptoms which is quite scary. She obviously caught it from a work colleague even though they are meticulous about the rules. I'm just glad to be retired, though I sometimes wonder how I fitted so much in before the pandemic... Now I'm home most of the time, just grocery shopping when necessary, and yet the days fly by...

Today I have some deer cards to share


I love doing those mountains, can't you tell? The deer I used for both cards is a digital freebie I found on the computer


The good thing about using digital images is that you can make them any size you want and flip them so they face either way 


I do the ink blending first and then figure out where I want the deer to be before running my card through the printer... Sometimes I'm a little off but it's fine as I can take a wet paint brush and just fill in the areas. Then I stamp, emboss and paint the foliage (and ornaments).

... A little glitter and some rhinestones and that's it... IRL they are really sparkly - I love sparkle a Christmas

I'm glad that lots of you enjoyed the video I shared, thanks for your feedback.

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for your visit

~ Ros ~




 

17 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Ros...they are both BEAUTIFUL and I just love the mountains too! Lovely, lovely and serene cards!! Hugs. :0)

Viv said...

Gorgeous cards Ros! x

Pat said...

Two gorgeous looking cards Ros, and love the bits of added glitter on the pretty scenes you have created with the foliage and different baubles which coomplete them perfectly. x

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Ros. I LOVE those mountains ... what gorgeous backgrounds for your deer and hanging ornaments. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful selection of cards. I Love those misty mountains, so atmospheric :)

Maria said...

Oh, such lovely Christmas cards, Ros! Beautiful soft scenery with the mountains! The deer are standing proud and very pretty pine boughs with ornaments, too! Sorry to hear about your friend having the virus. Unfortunately, cases are going up everywhere once again. Take good care, hugs!!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you are safe and warm, Ros. Having a friend testing positive for the virus is pretty scary. We need to be extra careful these days. Love your Christmas cards! You do mountains so well and the deer fit perfectly into the scenes! I love how you've added the ornaments hanging from the tree branches!

I Card Everyone said...

I can tell you love those mountains... and so do I! How absolutely gorgeous, Ros - every single one is a sweet little masterpiece!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Yes we are the same our end too Ros....where does the time go? We stay close to home and we often say how did we ever find the time to work?
Your deer cards are beautiful and so original Ros. l love how you can manipulate the digi deer image. I have never tried digi's x. Your foliage looks so pretty and I love a bit of bling at Christmas x.

Jan said...

Beautiful mountain background..............where did you find that digital image???

You added just the right touch to the background to make both cards stunning! TFS.

Paper Hugs,
Jan

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful soft and surreal watercolored mts for your a background, Ros. Love your stamped greenery and ornaments and elegant stag. Both cards so beautiful, my friend. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully she is on the mend soon. Stay safe and creative. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Greta said...

What gorgeous cards, Ros! The mountains are wonderful! This virus is so scary! I think I'd quit if I wasn't retired. For someone following all the guidleines to still get it really is concerning. I have found a lot of people here think being with people they know is OK. As if it's only strangers you can get it from?! We won't be spending the holidays with family unless it happens to be nice enough to meet outside. Phone calls will have to suffice. But we feel so lucky that we haven't gotten sick & the wildfires didn't hurt us.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm in awe! Your mountain scenes are spectacular! The foliage with ornaments in the foreground, the stag, the mountains receding into the background... wow! Again, I'm literally sitting here shaking my head. That's very concerning about your neighbor/friend. There are still so many people in my country who believe all the virus news and concerns are just a political ploy or a hoax. Really? Is every other country in the world participating in the hoax just to sway the vote in our presidential race? Sheesh!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are terrific, Ros! I love your mountains! They're so soft and peaceful. The ornaments are so pretty with lots of sparkle!
Hideko xx

Marina said...

Oh I really like this idea of hanging the baubles from the trees - great Christmas cards!

Pauline said...

Ros, both cards are beautiful! I don't know how you do these, you have some real talent my friend! Love the way you did the mountains fading off in the distance, beautiful foliage and ornaments and love the deer! Wow just amazing. So scary about your friend/neighbour, that's a little bit to close to home. Keep well Ros!

Barbara said...

I'm very glad you like doing these mountains - what gorgeous cards!
Hope your neighbor and friend is on the mend now?