Saturday, July 31, 2021

Anniversary Bee

 Hello and thank you for stopping by...

Well, summer has gone and the rain continues. Last week it was sweltering, far too hot to sit out and now it's  too wet and cold to be out... I'm just glad I have so many hobbies to keep me happy.

In a weeks time friends of ours will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and they've organized a garden party, sadly the weather forecast is not good but at least the card I made is summery...


I'll do my best to explain this one... 
I fussy cut some tiny flowers and butterflies from a piece of DP and then painted my own flower (top left) with the little bee to match the tiny ones...With me?
I knew I wanted to add some sort of shaker element


... And I wanted it soft and pretty.  I made it as one item and added it to the card - It's easier that way. I stuck down some of the fussy cut flowers and gems with the '50' and then added a few more shaker bits.
I'm really happy with the end result even though it took some time to come together. The congrats is cut from vellum that has little bits of gold on and there's a little drawn and painted gold vellum flower too.


I went on the make another little tag shaker to send to someone who needs a little cheering up right now.


And if you think I've finished with those bees, you are mistaken, I have made a few bee cards this past week... I bought a new plant a few months ago, a variety of salvia


The bees just LOVE it and I love incorporating them in my drawings

Before I let you get back to your coffee, can I just say a huge thank you to the team at CAS Mix Up for my win this month... It's always an honour especially when there are so many beautiful entries.

Okay... 
Have a lovely day, take care and be safe

Till soon

~ Ros ~

14 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh my friend you are SO creative & talented! LOVE your 50th card and I have no doubt they will be THRILLED with it! Absolutely beautiful design and the personal hand drawn elements makes it even more special! Both creations are AWESOME! WOW love that new plant ... don't think I've seen that variety around here ... will have to take a closer look. I have a LOT of purple coneflowers in & around my front/back flower beds so I have LOTS of bees and I'm okay with that!
Have a fabulous week ahead my friend and thanks for always inspiring me! Hugs

Diane said...

Beautiful, love the designs and the colors and I love shakers!! Pretty flowers you have purchased, haven't seen a lot of butterflies this year in my gardens for some reason, maybe they don't like weeds...hah!!

HilaryJane said...

You can't go wrong with a 'hot lips' salvia, they are stunning and just keep on flowering. It is one of my favourites. Your shaker card and tag today are really special. I love how you have made the shaker and added all those little details, so special xx

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful card with the mix of your amazing art work and DP. I love your little bees buzzing around and the touch of stitch work :) your friends will love the card I'm sure ♥

Loll said...

Such a special 50th anniversary card for your friends, Ros! I LOVE it. So beautiful and delicate with the gorgeous flowers, butterflies and bee! The shaker tag is awesome!! Your separate shaker tag is fabulous with the similar painted flower inside. You talent amazes me, my friend! Love, Loll

Bonnie said...

What fabulous flowers, Ros! I love how you've done the bees digging in! I'm really impressed with the shakers that add such fun and elegance!

Maria said...

Truly a special 50th anniversary card, Ros!! Love the shaker tag and all the pretty flowers!! Your friends will love this anniversary card, I'm sure!! The bee hanging out of the flower is so beautiful, too, for your tag!! Have a great week, hugs!!

Barbara said...

What a stunning card, I love everything about it. the soft colors, the shaker element, the bee - it's just too cute to see them hanging out of the flowers like that. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the other ones you've made!

Mac Mable said...

WOW this is one very special card and tag Ros....clearly made with love x. All the elements look amazing and what a beautiful and creative card and Tag...So unique and I am sure they will be cherished x.
We have had tons of bees in the garden this year on our lavender and cornflower and we love seeing them x.
Many congratulations on your well deserved win Ros over at The CAS Mix Up x.

Pauline said...

Amazing card Ros! Love everything about this, all your wonderful details enclosed in your sharker. I just love the bumble bee tucked up inside the flower, so sweet. I'm sure your friends were thrilled with this. Congrats on the win from CAS Mix Up, well deserved! Sending hugs,

Pat said...

Gorgeous Ros..your own fabulous hand drawn and painted flower with the bee inside it fits in perfectly with those cute from some dp, and the added shaker tag looks beautiful, your added embellishments finish it perfectly..a brilliant card! x

Leslie Miller said...

Your painting and the DP are a perfect match and so beautiful! What a lovely, sweet shaker. All very soft and summery. I'm sorry about your change in the weather. It's a beautiful morning here and I can't wait to get outside. My garden is suffering from neglect with all the time spent on the house.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, the customized anniversary card is so special and fabulous, Ros! All those different elements add so much interest and beauty to the card. Love the soft and delicate feel.
I used to see salvia a lot in Tokyo but I don't where I live now. Your picture brought me back fond memories. :-)
Hideko xx

Greta said...

Creative & beautiful, as always, Ros! Love the shaker elements with the soft colored beads! The anniversary card is a keepsake!