Thursday, September 30, 2021

All's Well that Ends Well

 Hello there...

Well yesterday started off badly. My knee had given me pain during the night and I got up to find that my bathroom tap (faucet) had literally fallen off. I only had the en suite remodelled 5 years ago and there have been so many problems with it that the repair guys are like family.
I was left to deal with the matter as DH went into the city for his appointment at the MGUS clinic - Turned out he had got the dates wrong and his appointment is actually for today....Yeah, not a good start to the day.

However, it ended really well. I pulled out my paints (that always calms me) with no particular plan or idea other than just watching the colours collide and ended up with 4 unexpected paintings.

It all started with this one...

 
My mood determined the colours of blues and black which I randomly painted on the diagonal and that's when I had the idea to use a wet paintbrush to drag the paint form shapes. As you know, if the cardstock gets too wet it can pill but that was to my advantage to give me texture as trees appeared, which I then outlined with my fine liner.

Oh I had to try that again but this time I used my fingers to move the paint around too and I had a moonlight forest with a little house I could hide away in...


I was having so much fun I continued...

The colours got lighter as did my mood and I couldn't resist adding little doors to those trees and then I was smiling, wondering who else lived in that forest until finally...

Gold dust was falling down and what started as a bad day ended a good day. 

I still don't have a tap and I'm miffed about that but I do have my paints...

Have a good day friends

~ Ros ~



17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So sorry to read about the start of your day Ros but looking at these creative and amazing cards and the transformation of them makes me happy to think that your day ended much better than it started.
Such creativity and do not hide in that cute little house as I want to see more my friend x.

Pat said...

Oh dear, so sorry your day started so badly and hope the tap gets sorted soon Ros. I love the idea of dragging the paint and then making shapes, great trees and leaves, and then your sweet house added to the first and last, and some super toadstools and the little fairy doors on the second, so cute. x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Ros....don't those days just happen and throw you for a sixer ---but I must say you sure did land on your feet... all four of your little paintings are just wonderful - your fine line pen brings to life an enchanting little scene.. and a calm you... hugs and hope everything gets fixed quick, Robyn

Marcia Hill said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the faucet and all the bathroom problems you've had Ros, but your bad start to the day definitely turned out great with all four of these wonderful paintings/cards!! I love them all, but my favorite is the 3rd one with the trees, mushrooms, and little doors leading into the magical forest...sweet, sweet card! Hope the faucet issue is resolved soon and your days start out better than this one did!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Ros, your day turned into magic under your paints and pen! That's the way to deal with things. We should all have something like this to turn to, and probably most of us who love arts and crafts can relate. Your paintings are beautiful. I do love a forest and I know if you look real closely, you'll see these little houses and doors and gold dust sprinkling down. I'm sorry about your bathroom. What a pain in the neck!

Carole said...

Hi Ros...you never cease to amaze me. these are so clever the way you have done them and transformed them. I do hoe you have atap now...if not..paint one? ..lol xx

Bonnie said...

No matter what the mood, your art is amazing, my friend! Love the trees, but the enchanted forests are just that...enchanting!

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your knee and the faucet, Ros! I hope things improve soon! I am happy to hear that your day improved, though. Wonderful paintings and so inspirational to learn your process! Beautiful magical cards! I can tell how you love to paint and create! Thank you for sharing these awesome beauties! Take care, hugs!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I can see improvement of your mood in the cards, Ros! Things sometimes get tough, but I'm glad your day ended well.
Love all the colors in the cards, from blue and black soothing colors to lavender pastel ones!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Just goes to show that art / painting is very theraupeutic. I already knew that as I have experienced the same sort of uplifting when in my studio. So happy that you had fun lifting your own spirits with your art ... as it lifts ours as well to see your amazing gift, my friend! Hope the tap gets fixed soon, and then your knee if feeling much better. Take care. Love, Loll

baileyrosy.com said...

Sorry to hear about your knee and the tap and the husband!!! What a start to the day!!! You ended it beautifully though your paintings are sublime. I wish I had your talent. The soft colours and the progression is amazing. What a talented lady you are

Darnell said...

How fun and impressive to watch how your illustrations became more lighthearted and fun as your mood lifted from painting, Ros. These are all definitely storybook ready and fabulous!! I hope you soon get the bathroom sorted once and for all! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. I'm sure you've tried this for your knee pain at night, but if not, try placing a small pillow between your knees. It works amazingly well. Assuming you sleep on your side, of course!)

HilaryJane said...

What an absolutely perfect example of how painting and creating can help put things back in perspective. I love your little stories and your paintings are amazing. Thank you for sharing xx

Inkyfingers said...

Well if a stinky day leads to creativity like this Ros, I reckon you'll just have to suffer for your art lol! These are gorgeous little works of art and I can imagine them being for sale in an art gallery shop.
Hugs
Carol x

Greta said...

Good thing you have your paints as you certainly make magic with them! I just adore your trees!

Greta said...

Forgot to say--sorry about the faucet & your knee & hubby's appt mix-up! But at least the day ended on a high note!

Barbara said...

By, just what you need after a night in pain. But I take it it was "just" the faucet falling off, no newly created ocean in your bathroom as a consequence? Anyhow, these cards are really special - I particularly like the dark one with the house and the moon. I'm pretty sure you have a fairy-tale like story to go with it in your mind!