Friday, July 02, 2010

Something pretty.......

It is so hard when those you love are struggling and you just cannot find the solutions to help..... That is the  way it is for me right now.... I so want to be able to relieve the burdens of family members and my heart aches that I can't...... The most I can do is pray for them and be there to listen ... but still it hurts.
I try to immerse myself into creating... wanting just to lock the door to my little world and make something pretty to lighten my heart a little ... but often my thoughts stray back to my loved ones, and to my own hurts... and I remind myself the teachings of practical philosophy..."when you become aware of negative emotions of any kind creeping in almost unnoticed... turn to the cool light of the present" 


In the present my "something pretty" notebook is born


This for the Play Date Cafe Challenge which is based on a lovely picture courtesy of Marthastewart.com .......





There is something so soothing about that soft baby pink ... and yet a strength in the bold red ....










Sparkly tulle, glitter and chipboard ..... delicate glass button, lace and pearled butterfly..... and I am soothed.

Till soon

Ros







15 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so pretty Ros! The frame on that ticket is stunning! Love every bit of this! Hope you and your family feel better!

Unknown said...

Hi Ros, This card is gorgeous.. I just loved all your pictures from your trip...Welcome back... I am out of town now but just wanted to pop in and say Hi, I will get caught up when I get back!

Hugs, Linda

Tatanky said...

A really beautiful card ! Love all the elements specially the bit in Spanish...La Rosa especial. I hope everything works out for the best soon with your loved ones.

Lisa Somerville said...

So pretty, love the tulle bow and the glittered chipboard. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Ros. Love the shabby chic feel of this. I find that creating helps me no matter how I feel. It is the best therapy. When I thought I couldn't do anything, I wne to my room and sat down...pondered and started to create. :)

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous book! Sorry you are struggling right now. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Ros! Love all the detail! Sorry to hear not all is well - I will keep you & your family in my thoughts and prayers :) Maybe you could use your creative talents to help you get through these difficult times.

Ruby said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Sorry you're having a difficult time at the moment. I hope everything resolves itself soon for you, and that you manage to get some therapy from your card making. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning, Ros! Sorry to hear about the tough time.. hugs and prayers! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Monika Reeck said...

this is really gorgeous looks vintage but with pink it looks also modern...love all the lace,the images, the butterfly, the ticket and the ribbon all are beautiful together....I just joining the playdate cafe challenge too my card is number 45, would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Tracy Evans said...

Stunning card, love all the detail. Sorry to hear things are not too good at the moment, my thoughts are with you. Tracy Evans x

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh this is so, so pretty. I love the lace and the ribbon - just gorgeous! Sorry to hear that family members are going through difficulties.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is DEF. pretty! SOOOOOOOO pretty! I love this vintage look--and those sparklies in the ribbon--beautiful! Love that pop of red! Great job--thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Alice Regan said...

OMG ...this card is gorgeous! I love the vintage look and your combination of elements is so beautiful! I just love visiting everyone from PDCC.

cherry said...

Beautiful Ros! Soo perfectly shabby!