Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tree of Books...


It's week 22 at the City Crafter Challenge Blog and Kirsty has set us a brilliant challenge - The city is Singapore the theme "Tree of Books" and this is the inspirational picture ...




Beautiful isn't it? The challenge is to make a card or project with an image of either tree/trees or book/books, projects can also be a bookmark, a book cover, a brag book etc...)


Our sponsor this week is The Stamping Boutique and we each got to use one of the digital stamps on our project this week.Our Guest Designer is Lenet Mos an amazingly talented lady ... have a look at her fabulous work ...
On to my project ...
As my Practical Philosophy class will be starting a new term soon ... I decided that I would make a new notebook ...

The background paper is from an oriental pack that I have had for a long time so it came in handy this week ... The books is the digital stamp from The Stamping Boutique which I 'painted' in PSE ... The tree is from a stamp that I bought a while ago on Ebay and the rest is from my stash....



There are even stickles on my tree to try and replicate the glowing books on the inspirational picture ...
I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with this week ... please abide by the rules of the challenge to be eligible to win ....
Have a lovely day

Ros


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes Ros, you're right about the inspirational picture, it's just awesome as is the card you created! Love the book stamps and the statement is what a true reader feels! Ira x

Unknown said...

What a great card.. I just love your sentiment..

Hugs, Linda

LeAnne said...

Very pretty!!!

Tatanky said...

Hola Ros ! Love the colors you chose for this challenge and the tree stamp is great.

cnelson said...

Gorgeous! LOOOOOOVE the sentiment!!

Unknown said...

love your card Ros, the sentiment is so true

Heather Rogers said...

This is a perfect creation for that challenge. Love the tree and pretty cherry blossom paper. :)
Hugs,
Heather

Stella said...

So so beautiful and the sentiment is so true. It's a gorgeous card to receive and the recipient has something to think about. Beautiful card with a beautiful message!

Anonymous said...

May I use the tree for a brochure cover? It's so pretty! I'll put your name in the credits! thanks so much