Sunday, February 13, 2011

Play Date Challenge

Happy Sunday ... it's really wet and miserable here ... fortunately I have some time to spend in my little craft space ..
Yesterday was my husbands birthday and we were out all day ... so we didn't go out to dinner in the evening ... Instead I cooked us a nice meal and opened some wine ... it was cosy ...
So ...  I have a card that I did for the Play Date Cafe challenge based on this beautiful photo ...


The photo is a collection of exquisite goods from a shop owned by Polly Hood ... you can find her blog "Count your Blessings" and visit her shop by clicking Here ... This weeks' colours are soft and subtle and oh so shabby ... 


... Made me think of this sweet image I got from Iralamija's   Etsy shop ...  I paired it with some pretty digital papers


The heart is cut with my Sizzix ...  I used self adhesive glitter paper ... which I stuck to card before cutting ... everything else is from my stash ... 
I hope you are all having a wonderful lazy Sunday ... and that your weather is a bit better than mine!

Till soon

~ Ros ~




18 comments:

noomiy said...

wooow! that's so sweet! :)
LOVE THIS SHABBY CARD! :)

Rebekah said...

All of my favourite things here; sweet shabby chic and feminine! awesome card! Have a great day!

Lenet said...

oo wauw ! I really love your card it's fabulous!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

your card is so FABULOUS, ros :)!!! i looove it. so shabby chic and perfect. from the papers to the image to the embellishments. so yummy and beautiful! thank you for sharing and hope the weather clears up! *hugs* steph :)

Stella said...

And you did a wonderful job in your craftroom: your card is a beauty. That image is perfect for the challenge.So lovely!! I really need some heart-shaped dies:) that glittered heart is stunning. And that flower my oh my girl...you always pick the perfect embellishments. Wow!
have a lovely evening! XXXX

Fiona said...

Ros this is so pretty! Love that little image :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe

Lynnda said...

Woohooo Ros... I love your card... its so beautiful...what not to love here eh.... hugs...xoxo

Michelle said...

Ros, just love the image of the 3 children! This is so cute! Love the glittery heart and lace trim!

Heather Rogers said...

This is a true beauty Ros. I love the soft color combo and that image is darling.
I hope it warms up soon. It was 65 today and will be warm and sunny all week. I will send some your way. :)
Hugs~

cnelson said...

Such a lovely card!! Love, love, LOVE that sweet image!

Unknown said...

How sweet this is!! Love all the haberdashery you used on this pretty card. Congrats on your husband's birthday, hope you had a marvellous day together (and today, too, for that matter!).

Sylvia said...

Such a beautiful birthday card, Ros! Love how you are mixing the digital with the real! I love real elements. The doily flower is beautiful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awww.... so cute, that vintage image is really really adorable, love the pink too!
happy valentine's day ros!

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooh! this is positively luscious! so soft and dreamy and totally "shabby chic"! what a lovely card, ros! ♥♥♥

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful card! Love the lace flowers and trim, and that sweet image is really darling! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so sweet! LOVE all your shabby chic details! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a super cute and shabby card--love the vintage image! Great job:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Libby Hickson said...

Awww, such a sweet image and such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!