Tuesday, January 10, 2012

City Crafter 'Back to Black"

Hello
This week it's my turn to host the challenge at City Crafter ... It's not always easy to come up with a challenge and sometimes I really have to get my thinking cap on ... But having seen so many creations with silhouettes on ... I thought that would make a great challenge for this week ... So I am challenging you to make a card or project with a silhouette on ... this can be a die cut ... a stamp ... whatever you choose BUT it must be Black ... Quite simple really ...


My card was made for my friends daughter who recently celebrated her 24th birthday... the image was cut on my Silhouette Cameo ... as was the frame ... and the papers are from Basic Grey


... a handmade flower and an pretty earring (sans the back), together with some rhinestones finish this card off ...

We have a fabulous Guest Designer this week ... the lovely June Houck ... one of the sweetest people in Blog Land ... and our sponsor this week is Crop Stop  ... head over to the City Crafter blog for full details of this weeks prize and to see all the lovely projects done by our Design Team and our Guest Designer ...
I hope you can join in with us this week 

Till soon .. keep safe
~ Ros ~


21 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Ros, Your card is totally breathtaking!! WOW! I love that dress and the leopard paper--it's exquisite! You should have your own card business--you are a pro, my friend!!!
XO
Cindy

Unknown said...

you certainly made black look great, love the card

Chriss Blagrave said...

How very chic! I think this is the perfect card for a young woman.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Very chic card and perfect for a young woman!

Beate said...

Ros, this looks striking! Love it.
Hugs and smiles

June Houck said...

Stunning and gorgeous, Ros. I really like dress cards; no doubt Carla will be thrilled with this lovely birthday card!

cnelson said...

What a great challenge Ros!! LOVE that black dress and the animal print! !

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Ros and wonderful challenge! I love all the little things you did on this card. Have a wonderful evening.

Unknown said...

I just LOVE this card.. It really is so pretty!! And this challenge was a great one! At first I was a little stumped on what to do.
But had a blast once I got my image!!
Thanks my friend..

Hugs, Linda

jacirascrap said...

Adorei sua sulhoeta de vestido junto com o papel de onça!! Abraços amiga!!

Sasha said...

What a fabulous card for a young woman....she would love it, Roz. The touch of animal print looks amazing. Love the little black dress, too. Just gorgeous!!!

cherry said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Just the right bling. Love the blog redo! cherry

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Ros! So sassy and classy all in one! Surely Carla will treasure this!

lauren bergold said...

how much do i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this challenge??!?!?! ok, well, trust me, it's A LOT! i even got out a STAMP last night and EMBOSSED IT!!!!!!!!!!! (when's the last time i did that, eh??!?!) my card is 99% done and i'm hoping to post it tonight... o'course it's not a patch on yours... but then... HOW could it be?! :)

Unknown said...

Now this leaves me completely speechless Ros, your card is utterly exquisite, love everything about it, from the silhouette shapes to your gorgeous cameo flower. Fab!!

Stella said...

A so called black neauty; so feminine; gorgeous and spot on the challenge. Your flower is a stunning finishing touch. That earring looks fab!
You picked a great theme. Let's what I can do :)
XXXX

papertrails leaver said...

Absolutey stunning card Ros! Love the prints paired with the image for a dramatic effect! Definitely right on with this!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!!!!

Tracy said...

This is just a stunner Ros! I don't know how I could describe it any better. Love it!

Chriss America Real said...

Oh I love this card Roz! Just gorgeous!

hugs!

Chriss

Suzanne C said...

Elegant! Love the ribbon with the brooch. So beautiful!