Monday, February 27, 2012

Wedding set

Hello ...
I hope you enjoyed your weekend ... Doesn't the time fly?

One of the lovely girls at the hairdressers I go to is getting married in March ... the girls are all flying off to Las Vegas for the wedding and the bride to be ... Tanya ... is beyond excited ... It's so lovely to hear them all chatting about it ... one can't help being caught up in the fun of it all ... 
Everything is so different from when I was that age ... I am fascinated by the hair pieces and fashions they wear which look so very stunning.. and I can't help but wish they would have had these things in my day ... Oh the possibilities! I can guarantee that a visit to this shop brightens your day ... well it does mine 

So I've made a card and another little heart for Tanya ... I'm not sure that she even knows what vintage is ... but she will just be thrilled at the thought of it, bless her


I used my Silhouette to cut the frames and the papers are Eline's Huis again


The lovely heart peg is from Stella and I added some liquid pearls as well as ordinary pearls too
The sentiment tag is made using my Sizzix ... I still love my Sizzix


I love how I can use up little trinkets, scraps of tulle, ribbon, lace and organza when making these


I don't have a plan ... I just go where it takes me 


I made a tag by printing onto the fabric and then sewing the fabric to a piece of card stock
A closer look ...


You can just see the little pin there too with a heart that reads "Handmade with love"

So that's it for today ... I will be back tomorrow with the new challenge at CCCB which is being hosted by Cheryl ... see you then

Have a lovely day

~ Ros ~










16 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful~beautiful set...had to laugh at the part that she might not know what vintage is...but I agree...I bet she will love it!!

Lynnda said...

OMG... you are so sweet!!! I love the card and that heart... I'm sure she would love these too...great colors... they are beautiful... and very vintage-y too...you are amazing Ros...hugs...xoxo

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful pieces of work - you are one creative lady!!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Just wonderful, Ros! Amazing work!
I love your card (the huge glittery rose!) and the heart is so perfect for a wedding!!
Hugs,
Uli
PS: You used the Silhouette again - I wonder how long I will be able to resist buying one ;-)

Sasha said...

Such a beautiful personalised card and heart keepsake, Ros. I'm sure they will be treasured, always.

The things I put my poor hair through when I was young...LOL! I would have had field day with what's around these days. But it amuses me that back combing, French pleats and up do's are now all back in fashion again x

Irene said...

I agree there are so many pretty things for weddings now, makes me want to get married again. LOL Lucky the bride who receives your lovely gift.

Unknown said...

So many pretties here.. That card is gorgeous.. And she is going to love that heart.. Hope you have a wonderful week..

Hugs, Linda

Maria said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous heart and frame gifts for Tanya! Am sure she will enjoy these gorgeous creations! So vintage and beautiful...love them!!! Take care!!:-))

Unknown said...

Your wedding set is beyond beautiful Ros, the couple will be over the moon with your outstanding creations! xxx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card and heart, Ros, lucky Tanya! You are so sweet! I am sure that a wedding in Las Vegas would not be your cup of tea as it would not have been mine, hope she enjoys it! The day is gray, but the weather mild this morning, some rain due in later tonight. Perfect weather for gardening. Have a wonderful evening!

Dit blog is van said...

It is rally lovely. How lovely to get a beauty like this.
Greetings Jacqueline

Heather Rogers said...

WOW Ros. These are so pretty and very special. I know she will just LOVE it. I especially love the personalized tag on the card and that amazing heart pillow. :)
Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sweet card and gift for the bride-to-be. I was hoping that you tag along and come to Las Vegas with them! : )

Tracy said...

You are so sweet to make these special gifts for your friend Ros! I hope she'll understand what treasures she's receiving. :-) Hugs!

Stella said...

Well sweetie this is perfect for a bride. I love all the different projects you created lately. Everything has that touch of vintage and elegance that I just love. Your heart is priceless and so is the card. Neutrals, pearls and a touch of chic is right up my alleye....
XXXXX

Suzanne C said...

Simply gorgeous! What a lovely keepsake you have created for them! Sure to be enjoyed.