Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Candle Jar

Hello everyone...

Today at City Crafter we have a brand new challenge for you and our host this week is the lovely Wendy ...
This will be Wendy's last challenge for us ... sadly she has decided to step down from the DT at the end of the month...

This week the theme is 

The Key To My Heart


And Wendy is asking that we create a card or project that includes a key and a heart
Our Guest designer this week is our winner from week 190... Cataleya ... Her work is awesome ... hop over and take a look

I loved this challenge - Keys and Hearts and I'm there! And as you know I love candle jars ... so this week I made one of my own


Usually the ones you buy are only decorated on one side ... if they are on the dining table only one person benefits so I decorated on both sides ... 

My jar is recycled ... I keep nearly all my jars and the 'labels' are also recycled ... bet you can't guess where they are from?


No? Well I had this really big canvas picture in my home ... it was wasn't a picture of one thing ... more squares and rectangles of different images ... Alas the frame has warped and I couldn't bear to part with it ... so I removed the whole canvas from the wooden frame and I'm using it in different creations ... this is just one



The canvas cuts easily and I used the cut out hearts there too ... I glued them to card first to make them more solid ... The rubon words are from my stash but the little key and the pearl are from a cheap charm bracelet


A lid? Yep, there's a lid too


I sprayed it first in silver, added a cut out circle of canvas and a recycled flower from a hairband


I loved making this and I'm also entering it in this months challenge at 
and at

We're really looking forward to seeing your projects at City Crafter this week ... Valentine's Day is approaching so that's a good reason to get creative with hearts and keys don't you think?

Thanks so much for visiting me ... don't forget to take a look at the rest of the DT projects on the Blog

Have a beautiful day

~ Ros ~









36 comments:

Lynnda said...

WOW Ros!!! You nailed both challenges ! This is so beautiful ! Your creativity has no limits! This proof so much! So inspiring indeed! Hugs...x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful project, Ros, love how you decorated your jar! Have a wonderful Tuesday! It was 80 today...but it should be back down in the 20's by Wednesday! What fun weather we are having! Hugs and stay warm!

Mrs Beez said...

Oh wow Ros this is superb and so clever. Love how you've used an old canvas. Jars are about the only thing I don't hang on to but you've got me thinking now!!!

Mrs Beez said...

PS I also meant to say Happy Birthday for last week, sorry I missed it - hope you had a great day x

Unknown said...

It is so lovely! Wonderfull jar!))

Unknown said...

Fantastic project!

Diane said...

What a pretty recycled project, and so very creative, too!! Love candles myself and a wonderful idea to decorate both sides!! Have a creative day my friend!! Hope all is going well in your part of the world!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Oh Ros, I just love the sweet, romantic and tender feel that this piece evokes!! What a delight and the best 're-purposing' I've seen in yonks! ((hugs)) Rebecca

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this candle jar, Ros! Love how you decorated both sides! Fab sentiment, fab see through heart window, and fab flower on top!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute and creative project Ros!

Keren Baker said...

Wow. That's gorgeous. Perfect for a candlelit supper! Ingenious use of the old canvas too. The jar looks like a Bonne Maman one- but could be wrong! xx

Unknown said...

That looks so sweet Ros and I bet it looks even more romantic when lit! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Anonymous said...

This is a GREAT upcycled creation Ros, I love it!!!

Stella said...

This is such a lovely way to recycle. You clever girl:). But above that; I love the way you dresed up this jar. I am a huge fan of neutrals and the way you worked with this palette took my breath away. Transfering a jar into a precious keepsake. You have this special talent to turn something common into something very extraordinairy. Love it! Have a wonderful evening! XXXXX

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Ros: Your Valentine candle holder is wonderful--boy-oh-boydo you know how to UP-CYCLE! LOVE IT!! Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.

Remember, you can enter 3 of your creations in this challenge.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Astrid Maclean said...

A great theme and your love jar is so pretty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How cute!! And it is perfect for LESSology challenge too, thanks for playing along!

Sasha said...

So pretty, Ros. A lovely candle jar design with sweet words x

Heather Rogers said...

This is one beautiful candle jar. Anyone will be lucky to receive this. I have wanted to take a crack at candle making for some time now...soap too. :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...such a charming little jar!
Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Radhika said...

WoW !! Fabulous project :)

Deb Hickman said...

This is beautiful, Ros. It's so pretty and love the quote. Deb x

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful beautiful!! I love your candle jar, so cozy. And I love that you recycled so many things. xx Wen

Barbara said...

Such a beautiful project! It's amazing in how many ways you've recycled here... the canvas is probabaly the best of then all!

Linda Breedlove said...

Wow Ros, this is such a beautiful recycle job... love what you created here, and the top is amazing with that recycled flower.
I hate to see Wendy leave CCCB... she's certainly a talented gal!
Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

It looks sooooo classy and chic - love this alteration!

Tracy said...

Totally fun project and an ultimate example of re-purposing items. Way to go Ros. This will look beautiful on your table. Hugs!

Davi said...

Ros I LOVE your very awesome candle!! Lots of clever recycled elements to help make it so beautiful :)

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Your candle jar is gorgeous, Ros! Such a lovely project - vintage and modern style at the same time... I still admire your creativity - it´s always a pleasure to visit you!
Hugs from Austria, Uli

Jill Norwood said...

This is so pretty and fun! I think I am going to save the next jar I empty and try it myself! I absolutely love it! And the way you re-used items you had on hand is so clever - I love doing that too!
:)

Heidi said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning!
Such a beautiful project:)
Great work Ros, hugs:)

Lizzy Hill said...

This is totally CUTE & really, really lovely.....all that recycling, too....fabulous!! So glad you joined it up to us at LESSology this month:):)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Ros, You are so talented at transforming a simple everyday object into a piece of intriguing art. I really like all of the details you thought to create this project with, lovely, lovely!

Cataleya said...

Oh! Ros, that's a wonderful project! I love it! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely perfect, Ros! LOVE, especially the monochromatic, winter palette!

maria f. said...

So much to love. First off, it's just plain lovely. Then all the recycling - fabulous. And the font of that rub-on sentiment is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!