Saturday, January 04, 2014

First Birthday of 2014

Hello!

How's your year going so far? 
It's very wet and cold here in the UK ... lots of flooding and severe weather warnings have been issued in many areas ... 

So today is the 4th January 2014 ... or written the American way 1/4/14 
It happens to be my wedding anniversary ... 14 years today ... If you want to see the card I made my DH you'll have to wait till Tuesday as it's also my DT project for City Crafters ...

 Today is also my blog friend Keren's birthday ... 
Happy Birthday Keren!

If you visit Keren's blog you will know that she always comes up with the most unique of CAS cards so I admit that making one for her style was a bit of a challenge ... 
I hope I managed it ...



At first glance it looks like a glassine bag covered in Liquid Pearls and filled with letters ...


...which it is ........ but pull the string attached to the star on the left and
Voila!


Out pops the word Birthday


... A bit difficult to photograph but I cut out the letters to read BIRTHDAY (twice) and glued silver thread between them - took me ages
A little bit quirky but hopefully she will like it 
... And Keren ... if you're reading this and your card hasn't arrived, well, I just spoilt the surprise...Ooops!

Ok I have some of my GF's coming today ... DH is going to the match (say no more) and we are dining out this evening ... so I'll say goodbye for now

I'm back tomorrow with another photo post for Our Beautiful World

Till then 
Have a lovely day and keep safe

~ Ros ~









18 comments:

Lynnda said...

Happy Anniversary Ros!!!

Keep warm and be safe - Yuck !!! for the ugly weather....I don't feel like summer today over here - very chilly!!!

What a beautiful card Ros.... Enjoy your dinner!

Hugs...x

Heidi said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Have a lovely day:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Sasha said...

Love this, Ros. It's very unique!
Happy anniversary! x

Diane said...

Super creative and clever idea....I might have to try something like this myself...love it!! Have fun with the GF's, wish I was there..poop!!

Zue said...

Wow, Ros!
What patience!
I am sooooo.... Impressed
Xxxxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a pretty and fun card for Keren!

Davi said...

Ros wishing you a FABULOUS Anniversary!! HOpe you are doing something fun with your sweet love and enjoying the day together! Love your card and the fun idea of the hb in the bag, very clever :)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary my friend. It will be my Anniversary as well at the end of the month. Your card to your friend looks awesome. So clever with the pull out Birthday letters. LOVE it.. I know she will as well.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

What an amazing card, your friend will be so happy!
And Happy Anniversary!

Heather Rogers said...

So stinking cute! Love the little birthday banner you can pull out of the front pocket. I am sure she LOVED this. :)

Barbara said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea!!! I might have to copy that somehow for an upcoming birthday... I absolutely love it!

Linda Breedlove said...

Not sure if you got my comment, Ros. Twice now it seems to have shut down when I click on publish.
I love your card... so very unique. I'm sure your friend was thrilled to receive it!
Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Ros! love the fun little envelope!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Ros! This is so CLEVER! I LOVE how the letters pop out on the string! A Very Happy B-Day card! Keren will LOVE this! And Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see the card you made!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary dear Ros and here's to many more happy years together my friend! Hope you had an enjoyable evening together? Your card for Keren is so festive, just love that birthday string! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Stella said...

I hope you are still safe with these horrible weather conditions. Stay warm. Congrats on your wedding anniversary! And your CAS card is perfect. Love that birthday banner and the way it pops out by pulling a string! XXXXX

Jinny Newlin said...

Happy anniversary, Ros! This card is too fun! What a creative idea!

Tracy said...

Happy belated anniversary Ros! Hope you had a wonderful day. This is one of the most interesting and fun cards I've seen. Love that pull out banner. Hugs!