Sunday, January 05, 2014

January

Hello,

It's time for a new word prompt at




The word is 

January

January can appear a bleak month ... 
An anti climax to Christmas and the New Year celebrations...
In the UK it's still dark at 8am and the lights go back on at 4pm ...

But it's the first month of a whole new year ... The month I was born, the month I married ...
A month of new beginnings everywhere



The trees maybe bare and the ground wet and dull ... but taking a walk around my garden yesterday I noticed that there are some beautiful things if you look closely ...


The Viburnum brightens an otherwise dull corner with her tiny and oh so pretty clusters of pink 


 Even the remains of last years blooms have such a delicate beauty


With one or two flowers still clinging


and amongst them signs of new beginnings


Of course there are always some who get a little confused and flower at the wrong time


That just makes them all the more special ... And when it comes to safety in numbers ... well, huddling together has kept these going


January in my garden ...

Every month has a beauty of it's own ... it's just a matter of taking the time to notice

We'd love it if you shared your January photo with us this week at 


Have a beautiful day

~ Ros ~








19 comments:

Poppy said...

Hi Ros,

I so enjoyed following you around your January garden, every step toward a sweet surprise! Those new pink blooms are beautiful. Wouldn't it be lovely if they burst onto the scene the day of your birthday?

Have a wonderful week!

xo
Poppy

Zue said...

It is Vibernum that you have there, I don't think it's Verbena:)
It is so mild, that the garden is doing wonderful things.....thinks that it is spring.
Thanks for showing your garden in such wonderful photos.
Have a lovely Sunday, Ros!
Xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Ross, absolutely stunning! You are such a brilliant photographer! You should make your own calendar!!

Unknown said...

Your January garden certainly renders some beautiful gifts to you Ros, love your fine close-ups, so pretty! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Davi said...

The vibernum looks so beautiful, the cluster of delicate pink. Love the little peak into your winter garden Ros :) Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Such beautiful photos my friend. A wonderful month indeed...

Hugs~

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful photos, Ros. January is turning out to be one cold month here. :)

Stella said...

I had so much fun having a little "garden tour". And your photos are brilliant. January is also one of my faovrite months; a new beginning...
Have a lovely evening! XXXXX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

January sure is a special month for you Ros!
I do not like winter days when days are short too, however, Vegas winter isn't really bad, we have T-shirts and jeans on most of the days, no jacket needed, so I really should complain.
Do stay safe and warm!

isabella kramer - veredit said...

Lovely images !!!

wish you a beautiful New Year!!

Lynnda said...

These photos are so spectacular! Loving them !!! hugs...x

Diane said...

Oh your post makes me want to get back in my gardens...thanks you for sharing your lovely post and thoughts...now I have to email you and ask when your birthday is?? We have about 20 plus inches of snow here, and a blizzard warning and are ordered to stay home, off the roads...so seeing your pretty blooms was enlightening !!!

Keren Baker said...

What amazing pictures. January isn't all bleak with those lovely flowers. Sometimes getting it wrong is good ( at least for flowers!!). January is also good because we're going to get together hopefully 😉 x

aspiritofsimplicity said...

our gardens here in New England are still very far away from any kind of flowering. We may get a crocus or two at the end of February...but more than likely even they won't show their little faces till the middle of March.

Barbara said...

It seems to be a January like no other flora-wise for you, too. I was out on a walk by the Rhine in just a shirt yesterday, saw roses in full bloom and a number of bushes covered in yellow blossoms. And guess what: I didn't have my camera on me! I love your pictures and they really brighten up this otherwise quite colorless day!

Tracy said...

Lovely! I'm sure you are enjoying those tiny pops of color in your winter garden. Beautiful photos. :-)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful pictures from your garden, Ros! Sorry to be so far behind this week. Maybe I will be back to normal by next week! Hope your week is a good one.

Sue Lelli said...

Your garden must be so Beautiful in real life!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Hi Ros and Happy New Year! Better late than...
How I loved this garden tour, so beautiful. Is it usual for the viburnum to bloom at this time of year? I wish that I lived close to you to visit in person!