Monday, May 04, 2015

Case This Sketch

Hello and good morning!

I'm playing along with this week's challenge at CAS(E) this sketch
This is the sketch


I kind of went the negative route...


My 'tag' was cut out of the top CS and behind the negative space I stencilled with embossing paste
The tulip stamp and sentiment are by Clearly Besotted ... Did I mention that I got a Misti? Boy I'm loving that tool! Stamping is a breeze and no more wasted projects ... It's particularly good when stamping on tiny banners like the one on my card


...and you can stamp over your first attempt to get a better depth of colour


In case you are wondering ... the top CS was originally white card that I ran through my printer after selecting a digital paper from Pink Petticoat's Natural Pack - it's called Cashmere and I love it!

Enjoy your day

Till soon

~ Ros ~

19 comments:

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Ros! I love that you used a polka dot button, such a perfect match to your polka dots in the window!! Love it! hugs :)

Samra said...

What a pretty card Ros! Such a striking design!

kellyjean said...

WOW! Clever card! Very pretty!!!

Davi said...

The pop of color on the white looks lovely Ros, a great card :)

Zue said...

So pretty, Ros, but I have no idea what a Misti is!
Zue x

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! I love that flowers and your design!

Manuela said...

very pretty cas card!

Tracy said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Ros. Your tulip is a lovely splash of color and the embossed stenciling makes a fun backdrop. Hugs!

Jinny Newlin said...

That embossing paste is such a gorgeous detail, girl! What a fabulous take on the sketch! Absolutely stunning!

Sylvia said...

What a sweet card, Ros, love that tulip!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--I adore this card, Ros! Fabulous use of that neat sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I'm always so impressed by your beautiful creation!

Stella said...

Oh my this is stunning! I love love love your take on the sketch; brilliant idea to cut out your "tag". And as a Dutch girl I love tulips:)

Wow a Misti; sounds great how easy stamping will be when you have one....I would LOVE to have one but the shipping is keeping me from ordering....

Sending love,
XXXXX

Diane said...

So very creative...love the cutout with the texture behind it....I need to give this a try...thanks for once again inspiring me...and of course love the pretty colors, too!!

Linda Breedlove said...

Another beauty, Ros... Love this!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Ros I think your take on the sketch this week is fantatic, gorgeous, feminine, and ticks all the likes on my list! Digital paper, huh?
=] Michele

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous take on the sketch...love this one too

Greta said...

Well-deserved CTS win, Ros--congrats!