Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Vellum Poinsettia For Colour Me

Hello

I am thrilled that one of my light up pictures Here was a Top 5 Winner at Try It On Tuesday!!
Thanks so much to the team!

Today I have another quick Christmas card to share using some more of the Pinkfresh paper

I'm entering this card at Colour Me

I was really sad to read that this is their last challenge... I haven't entered every week but I am always inspired by the colour combinations and the way the team interpret them ... Thank you ladies, I'll miss popping in each week to see you...


I cut out a layered poinsettia from vellum and used Evergreen Bough distress ink to sponge on some of the layers... It matched really well with the paper


You really can't see it from the photos but I added a little glitter to those tiny white stars - a few sequins a sentiment and it was all done!

It's not stopped raining here for days and the sky is dark which means I have to have the light on .. It makes photographing quite difficult and matching colours a lot harder without natural light.. Still I guess it could be worse...

I hope you are having a good week ... Thanks so much for looking in on me

Be safe

~ Ros ~

18 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Ros! Those vellum poinsettias are so delicate looking, what a beautiful and genius idea! Love the candy cane stripes, my fav at the moment. hugs :)

Jinny Newlin said...

I hear you on the pains of using natural light this time of year. Ugh! Today's card on my blog went through FIVE photo shoots, and I'm still not satisfied. Ugh! But I totally see our soft blue here. So pretty! Gosh, I adore those vellum blooms... WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with our last challenge at Colour Me...!

Stella said...

I bet you are using this paper pad till the last snippet:) And I love looking at all the projects you made with it. This is color coordination in a perfect way. Gorgeous poinsettia and the color; sigh.....
XXXXX

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on your win. It's absolutely no wonder with those magnificent light up picture windows. They are so clever and unique x What a pretty card you've made today. Yes the distress ink matches the paper really well and the vellum adds a gorgeous light touch to a beautiful card x

Barbara said...

Beautiful! It has such a soft feel to it... like snowflakes falling!

Greta said...

Modern, festive, beautiful! Love everything about this card, Ros!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the vellum poinsettias.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely stunning!

Darlene said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS Ros! LOVE the color and your design is fabulous! Thanks for wonderful inspiration ... never thought to ink my vellum ... I'll be giving that a try! Hugs and Happy Day!

Thea said...

Very elegant card Ros with the poinsetta's from Vellum. Love the little bling!

Have a nice day!
Hugs Thea

Maria said...

Oh, so very pretty with the vellum poinsettias, Ros! Love all the tiny stars, too!

Zue said...

This is nice, Ros.....I am just catching up.
Love your flower construction.
Zue x

Nancy said...

This is an incredible card! Love the striped background and those beautiful poinsettias! So glad you joined us over at Colour Me for their last challenge!

Tracy said...

Oh those vellum flowers are delish! The touch of ink was just the ticket to top off this gorgeous creation.

Antonia said...

Hi Ros, Your card is gorgeous! I love the vellum poinsettias, they turned out so well! Thanks so much for linking up and playing along for the last time at Colour Me! Hugs Antonia

Sylvia said...

Love your vellum Poinsettias!

Diane said...

Your vellum poinsettias are so pretty....the entire card is pretty and love the use of sequins, they add such pretty sparkle!

Mrs Beez said...

Congratulations on your win - well deserved as those pictures were fabulous. Love this card - the poinsettias are so delicately pretty.