Sunday, May 29, 2016

Our Beautiful World... Cup

Hello... Happy Sunday

Mandy has chosen the prompt "Cup" for the photos today at 


It kinda had me scratching my head for a while ... I'd already shared photos of Stella visit when we were out having coffee so I was looking for something else significant and here it is


A silver cup, a little battered and tarnished ...It's my son's Christening cup, given to him 33 years ago... See the little kitty on there? Who knew at 3 months old he was going to become such a huge animal lover ... in particular a cat lover

And something slightly older ... in fact a lot older but still treasured

This coffee set with it's little cups and gilt edges was a wedding present given to my parents in July 1943 
A couple of the cups are gone and one is chipped but what remains still sits in my glass cabinet as pretty as ever

Go see what the team is sharing today on the blog and link up with us at 


Have a wonderful Sunday

~ Ros ~
 

12 comments:

riitta k said...

That is a lovely cup remembering your son's christening (?) - am not sure of the term...
Happy Sunday Ros!

Greta said...

Oh my--these are such wonderful treasures, Ros! Both are also so beautiful!

Stella said...

I love Mikey's cup! A precious keepsake form his childhood. And yes; you knew then already he would LOVE cats. The coffee set from your parents is a gorgeous heirloom.
XXXXX

Ariadne said...

I loved what you chose to show us for cups!My son has a silver cup too.AriadnefromGreece!

Sylvia said...

What wonderful photo's of cups, Ros, especially the Christening cup...but the memories attached to the cups given during World War II made it even more special. What a memory for Memorial Day tomorrow! Hope you had a lovely Sunday!

Greta said...

I gave a little gasp when I first read your post, but had to go double check the year. Did we already figure out that both our parents were married July 1943?! We surely are connected, my friend!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh NY, Ros! Such precious memories! Love the cup with the kitty and yours parents set is such a treasure!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those are simply beautiful family heirloom pieces, Ros. Pieces like that are truly priceless. Blessings!

Pamellia said...

Love that silver cup with kitty cat, how sweet! hugs :)

Judith said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet memories!

I would like to have some cappuccino with you, so you could tell me more about your family (-:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love that silver cup too, it is so sweet!

Barbara said...

The coffee set of course made me think of our coffeeklatsches... what a beautiful design that is. But it doesn't just sit in the cabinet, does it? You use it from time to time?