Tuesday, June 28, 2016

City Crafter 318

Good morning!

Marina is hosting for us at City Crafter this week with a great challenge

Hang Out The Flags


What a lovely photo for our inspiration ... I only wish this is how we could spend summer ... Unfortunately all we have had for weeks is rain and more rain ...

The card I made was a Father's Day card for my DH ... He never gets any from his own children so this was to say how much Mikey and I appreciate him


When Stella was visiting, we bought a nautical paper pad and split it between us... I used the cover of the pad which is made up of small prints of the enclosed papers to cut a banner and to paper piece my yachts

 
I did a little sponging and some stamping on the card base before adhering the top card with a cut out circle 


Our GD this week is  Kelly Bertram , winner of week 309... Kelly is a very talented card maker ... hop on over to her blog and take a look around... You won't be disappointed

We're looking forward to seeing what you create this week for our challenge, maybe summer flags or bunting, 4th July flags... It's up to you ...Have fun!

Enjoy your day

~ Ros ~
 

20 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow this card brought a smile to my face, thank you x Such a wonderful idea to use the prompt of 'Flags' in this way....Loving the papers and definitely copying this one to use as inspiration, it is another favourite!!! x Clever and talented lady x

AppleApricot Wen said...

Such a beautiful card, Ros! And I love that you combined the flags theme with a nautical theme, so beautiful!

Maria said...

Oh, what a beautiful nautical card for your husband! Love the banner and beautiful scene! I'm sure your husband appreciates it!

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful scene,Ros. Love how you combined the stamping and the dies.

Stella said...

My oh myyou made a keepsake. I love your take on the theme and the paper pieced boats are fabulous!
I have a hard time using the papers; I love the patterns. But on top of that; it reminds me of being in Liverpool :)
Take care sweetie; I know your life is so busy...
XXXXX

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Ros, Clean and fresh! We need your rain, send it our way! Happy Tuesday!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Lovely!! The flags are perfect for this nautical theme!

Greta said...

Love the papers & I've seen suggestions to use the cover of a pad, but haven't done it. Perfect for this project & you still have all your papers left! Wonderfully designed card, Ros & bet your hubby loves it! We no longer seem to have rainy summers, so why don't you come on over here & hang out with me?!

Tracy said...

Totally cool card Ros. Love the nautical prints and those cute sailboats Hugs!

Davi said...

Awesome card Ros!! Love the scene and the sails and flags matching :)

Leslie Miller said...

You nailed it again! Absolute perfection. I love your style. Very clever to use the small prints from the cover of the pad. Gentle sponging, great focal image. This is so fabulous!

Marina said...

Such fabulous , controlled paper-piecing, for a gorgeous card.

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Ros. I love the seagulls flying over the water, what a lovely scene. Fun patterns on your banner, love that you matched the boats too. hugs :)

Darnell said...

Haha, Ros, now I came to this after my last comment and see your beautiful nautical card! Yachts are great, but pretty little sailboats are awesome, too, especially under your talented hands! (I used little sailboats on my post for tomorrow, too.) Your nautical flags are the sweetest!! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Fabulous card...funny but I a 'similar' (but very different, lol) layout on a card and it's nautical too, but it won't post until July 15th...but yours is gorgeous!!

Barbara said...

Sitting here smiling... it must be the little flags? The nautical theme is so "summer" - is it melancholy for the summer that never came maybe?!

Mrs Beez said...

Just playing catch up after my few days in Devon and here is your fabulous card with a scene so reminiscent of what we have just left behind. Love it.

Sue Lelli said...

This card really puts me in the mood for our 4th of July celebration! LOVE the banners and the boats and the colors, Ros!

Lorraine said...

I absolutely love this! Love the flags and the boats, and even the seagull!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is super awesome Ros!