Monday, November 13, 2017

An Update

Hello...

 Thank you for all your lovely comments on yesterday's post ... You may have realised that it was a scheduled post with so much going on right now

I'm so sad to say that my much adored Aunt passed away on Saturday afternoon....

I hadn't imagined that I would ever get there, the 4 hour journey alone being so difficult and on top of that I have a respiratory infection and hospitals don't like you coming to visit in that condition.
But with the help of my lovely husband and the hospital staff moving her to a private room, I did make it.... 
Reluctantly, I knew it was time let her go and I knew she was waiting for me to tell her that it was ok. Within a few hours of my arrival, she drifted peacefully away....

I'm so grateful for the care given by the doctors and nursing staff who rang me every single day and evening... And I will be eternally in the debt of 2 very special young women, friends of my Aunt and who, despite having their own families and jobs to go to, worked out a system to be at her side day and night for 3 days ... How does one repay such a kindness?

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and your prayers.. It really does mean a lot

~ Ros ~

 

16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Testing

Darlene said...

So sorry for your loss Ros! Glad you were able to get there in time to say Good-Bye! You will meet again in heaven some day and what a lovely reunion it will be!!

Leslie Miller said...

Ros, I'm so sorry. I keep remembering how you loved to laugh with her and I'm glad you were able to be there despite the odds. I hope the trip wasn't too hard on you, but I know you would have moved heaven and earth. Take care now.

Kathy Krug said...

So sorry about your loss. I am glad you were able to see her and spend time with her and to let her know that she could go peacefully.

Marcia Hill said...

So very, very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved aunt Ros. Sending many prayers and hugs to you during this tender time!

Tracy said...

Oh Ros I am so sorry for your loss. I know you were really really close to her. She certainly had no doubt in her mind of how much you loved her. I pray God will give you comfort and peace. I know you will miss her dearly. Much love.

Maria said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Aunt, Ros. I know that you were very close to her. My thoughts and prayers are with you, take care! Hugs!!

Diane said...

Oh Ross I am truly so VERY sorry for your loss, I know how much you loved her and she you. I am so glad you were with her and have all the wonderful memories of all the times you were able to spend with her.... I am sure at her passing she felt your presence and love you had for her.... a HUGE hug to you my Friend! On another note, I pray that you feel better soon and they can get a handle on your pain! An email coming soon, I promise, I have lots to tell you!

Davi said...

Big Hugs to you Ros, So very sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to get there to be with her! Praying that all your treasured memories will make you smile when you think of them!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I am do sorry to hear that Ros, I know how much you love your sweet aunt, big hugs to you my dear friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ros... I feel like I know your aunt since I've been reading about her in your blog. So sad, but I'm sure she was happy to be able to spend her last hours with you. Please take care... Hugs.. Hideko

Mia said...

I am sorry for your loss, Ros. You will always remember her with love. Hugs, my friend.

Greta said...

We've already talked, but just checking on you & sending hugs & love. Looks like blogger is letting me back in.

Darnell said...

I'm sorry to hear about beloved Aunt, Ros. As difficult as travel was for you, I'm so glad that you were able to be with her and say your goodbyes. I'm so glad she went peacefully into her goodnight. Sending lots of love and hugs, Darnell

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Ros,

I tried leaving a message on the 13th but Blogger wasn't letting me for some reason. I was so sorry to hear about your beloved Aunt's passing, but it was great you were able to get to be with her one last time. I hope the memory of all the happy times you spent together will bring comfort in the weeks ahead. I hope you are taking care of yourself and that your new GP is getting to grips with your treatment.
Hugs
Carol x

shirley-bee said...

I've only just got round to catching up on your blog, Ros, so my condolences are somewhat belated, but heartfelt just the same. How great that your aunt was able to hold on till you got there - it must have been a great comfort to her to have you by her side in her final moments. No doubt you have a treasure-trove of happy shared memories to sustain you. Take care x