Saturday, August 17, 2019

One Die - Two Ways

Happy Saturday!

Another week has gone by with lightening speed... Or maybe it's just that I'm old Lol!

We have surprise visitors from Cornwall - DH's cousin Peter and his lovely wife Angie called us on Thursday to say they were on their way. Peter is a big Everton football fan like my husband and they managed to get tickets for today's game so just like that they jumped in the car and came up. It's been more than 2 decades since they were here and there will be so much for them to see and reminisce about especially in the city centre which is vibrant and buzzing with hotels, restaurants, designer shops and so much more to see and do.

Yesterday was the worst day for driving, it rained heavily all day which of course was fine for me - It meant I got to hide away in my craft room and play instead of DH bugging me to go out and now I can catch up with you all whilst the visitors and DH go to the match.

I don't know about you, but I have lots of bits and backgrounds snippets that never get used. I tend to keep even tiny bits so I made a few cards using them up.
Here are two I made with the same die


I made that AI background ages ago and didn't really like the colours but I kept it and made 3 cards from it in the end. 
Here I used the die cut (AliExpress) in white over a piece of the AI background and added an old favourite of scoring lines on my card

 
And here I reversed it, cut the die from a piece of the AI and added a frame


... And a gold leaf


They're Autumnal looking but I love autumn and the glorious colours it brings. I don't own that many sentiment stamps but "Just a Note" is always a go to as I can write inside just what I want to say.

I'll share some more with you in a few days and wish all you have a lovely weekend

Bye for now

~ Ros ~

18 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful cards Ros!. they are always so classy! Clever use of your backgrounds and I like the touch of the gold leaf. Have a good weekend xx

Pat said...

I adore the positive and the negative versions using this great scenic die and a super AI piece you made Ros, and that added gold leaf is a beauty. Glad you had a good time catching up with your friends and have a lovely weekend too. x

I Card Everyone said...

I've come by to find your email address, Ros, so I could thank you for your sweet comment... alas, no email address. However, what I did find was the most wonderful cards!
I am so happy to know I'm not alone in this obsession with keeping every last snippet. Yours, I must say, are much more gorgeous!
I LOve both cards [and every other I've spied with my little eye] but that die cut is as beautiful a card as I've ever seen!
=] Michele
OH wait - thank you for your kindness, and visit! xx

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL Ros!! Your Al ink piece worked just beautifully for both these cards, so it's a great thing that you saved it!! I love the die cut you used too...I think I have that one too and need to go check! Love the scoring lines on the 1st card and the gold leaf on the 2nd card too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

the bold autumn colours are perfect for your die Ros, I love the simplicity of both cards, stunning :)

Pauline said...

Ros, these are all beautiful! Wonderful autumn colours. Simple yet elegant cards, love them all!

Papercraft Boutique said...

You've found a perfect die for the AI background, Ros! Both positive and negative cuts are gorgeous! I especially love the dimension of the window and the gold maple leaf of the second card.
Hideko

Greta said...

Good reminder that AI pieces can often be used with dies even if you don't think you like them at first. Great cards, Ros! We sure could use some rain, but non in the forecast. Neat family got to visit & hope their team won! Wish I could just hop in the car & come visit you!

Marina said...

Oh I do like seeing the die cut done both ways - they're both beautiful cards.

Darlene said...

Hi Ros! Sounds like a wonderful visit! What a happy surprise! Your cards are GORGEOUS (as always) ... I can always draw inspiration from your designs! Wishing you a lovely day!

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the snippets and love to see the two cards from the one die cut too. Beautiful cards Ros x. Always great to have family visit x

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Stunning Autumn die cut cards, Ros. I love how you used the positive and negative die cuts with your alcohol ink background. Yes, always best to save creative art pieces in your stash:-) Enjoy your creative time, my friend and TFS your finished projects. Hugs..Nancy

Maria said...

Fabulous cards, Ros! Gorgeous backgrounds and lovely tree die, so pretty!! How great to catch up with family visiting! We’ve had showers here off and on and so humid...feels tropical! I’m with Greta...how great it would be to hop in the car and come visit you! Take care and have a great week!

Bonnie said...

These are so pretty, Ros! I love that alcohol background that's so perfect for these autumnal cards! Love how much the scoring adds too!

Kara Lynne said...

These are both little works of art! I have to CASE this, Ros!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh WOW! I think the second one is my FAV with the colors on the tree! But BOTH are FAB!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Beautiful die and gorgeous AI background! I love the colors! Wow!

Barbara said...

I've kept scrolling up and down, wondering which version is more gorgeous - and can't make up my mind! Anyhow, I fully agree with you that fall brings the most amazing colors and I love it, too.