Saturday, February 22, 2020

A Little Bird Told Me

Hello there... So lovely to have you visit!

It's stopped raining, well for now at least - it's probably only temporarily and in part due to the high winds but it's such a relief. The cats and I have been couped up, only venturing out for necessities, me not the cats! 
I spent a whole afternoon clearing things in my craft room... Actually I was looking for something and 5 hours later having forgotten what it was I was looking for, I had 5 bin bags of stuff to dispose of. I've still a way to go before everything is streamlined but it's looking better.
 
Last week was a busy one for celebrations,  DH's birthday, my friend Greta's birthday, Valentine's Day and also my SIL's birthday. I'm so glad I had a lot of AI pieces to help me along and today I have the card I made for my SIL to share with you


 There is no sentiment on this but I did add one before sending it... "A little bird told me"
It was a piece that I'd done using the AI lift technique with some sparkle here and there
 
 
The dies I used were a mix, the side pieces are in fact the little trees I used Here (trimmed down) and the branch is a Memory Box one, cut twice and pieced together. The birds are from a wreath die that I use in different ways all the time, though I can't remember where it's from.
 
 
I'm going to take advantage of the dry weather and go shopping so I'll say bye bye for now 

Enjoy your weekend

~ Ros ~

18 comments:

Diane said...

Well with all the rain you have had this beauty is sure to cheer you up with the gorgeous colors you have created! Very pretty and I am sure the receiver was in awe of it!! We have been lucky having lots of sunshine this week, but bitter cold. The weekend looks lots warmer and then next week that darn SNOW again...ugh, so ready for Spring!!

Pat said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Ros, and love the AI background with the pretty flowers using the lift technique and embellished so beautifully with the white die cut birds on the branches and the little tree pieces peeking out. x

Pauline said...

Absolutely stunning Ros! The AI background is beautiful. Love the lift off technique (I have yet to try this)and the stark white branches and birds. Very pleasing to the eye! Love this! Glad to hear the rains have stopped, and enjoy your shopping!

Carole said...

Beautiful as ever Ros...my colours!!...I still have lots of techniques to try including the alcohol lift one! Sounds like you are on a good sort out...I find it so hard to part with stuff! Enjoy the sunshine but stay safe in the wind. xx

Marcia Hill said...

This is SOOOO pretty Ros! I love the colors...they are just beautiful and really make the white pop! I'm sure your SIL loved her card!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful colours with the alcohol inks and such a fabulous effect with the lift technique Ros. One special and unique card, which is so very striking. Hope you managed to get out and do some shopping? x.

Leslie Miller said...

My jaw is on the floor! You make the most beautiful backgrounds, especially when you do the AI lift technique. Incredible! The bird and branch look so pretty against it and I love the foliage border. As always, the color against the white is striking.

Christine Alexander said...

Love that AI background it's sooooooo pretty :)

Robyn Oliver said...

Super card Ros...handy having AI background on hand...have been playing with mine today... and guess what - the rain is over here...most of the day and more on the way...we do need it and it's cooled off so much A welcome relief not to have the air cons on. Hugs Robyn

I Card Everyone said...

Ros, you have such a gorgeous collection of dies, and really use them like no one else - spectacularly! It really is what I love about your style.
This is a fabulous birthday card - I'll bet your friends anticipate your card each year - even the hubby!
=]

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, a terrific AI background, Ros! I love the colors, the way inks blended, and the ink lifted images! And how clever of you to combine all these die-cuts to create a beautiful scene! Your SIL will sure love this card.
Hideko xx

Maria said...

Oh, what a fabulous AI background, Ros! Sweet birds and wonderful dies used for your stunning card! We’ve had a few days of sunshine here and warmer temps. But, I’m afraid we will get more wintery weather soon. Take care and have a wonderful week!!

clelie said...

You make the most beautiful Alcohol Ink cards! TFS...totally inspired! ♥

Sue Lelli said...

Trying to catch up so you will receive lots of comments! I just LOVE this card with the white images again that GORGEOUS BG!

Barbara said...

These backgrounds - one more breathtaking than the other! Such a wonderful card, she must have loved it!

Darnell said...

This is brilliant, Ros! I love those colors and the vibrancy against the pure white is just yummy! A gorgeous design your SIL will love! I'm glad to hear the rains have stopped, although I'm very late to commenting on this, so I'll say I hope the rains haven't started up again!! Hugs, Darnell

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, Ros - I love that awesome background and the birds in the tree are a perfect foreground. I'm sure your SIL loved this beauty!
I can't believe we have another storm this weekend! Stay warm and dry.
Hugs
Carol x

Greta said...

This is just gorgeous, Ros! You are so creative putting elements together--love it!