Monday, January 31, 2011

Colour Splash

This is my second post today ... I have a card that I made for 2 challenges ... unlike so many of you ... I can never seem to make one thing for a number of challenges ... I don't think my brain can handle it ... So I have combined the Color Splash challenge at The Play Date Cafe ... using this fabulous inspirational photo ... 

With the Sketch Challenge at WaltzingMouse ... 

         

And this is my take on both ....


actually it is a color splash because I used the same technique as I did with THIS card ... I literally splashed black acrylic paint onto white CS ....


My rose is handmade ... not sure that you can see the "dew drops" created with glossy accents .... I stamped white CS using the WaltzingMouse Text - It stamps ... then used Spellbinder dies to get my scalloped edge ...


The other stamps used are a Penny Black (foliage) for the leaf stem and a digital Hero Arts (friends) stamp from Two Peas ...
I hope you are having a great start to the week ... I'll be back tomorrow
Keep safe

~ Ros ~

EDIT.... just seen that I can also enter The Shabby Tea Room challenge too with this card
"Get Creative" is the new challenge today set by Clare ... which means NO patterned papers allowed and a handmade embellishment ... Whoopi! I got 3 challenges in ... that's a record breaker for me! 

~ Ros ~




27 comments:

rudlis said...

Such a pretty card Ros! I love handmade flower :)

Deb Hickman said...

Stunning Ros, I love the lilac rose against the black and white,the paint splatter on the background looks fab. Beautiful card.xxx

Andrea Ewen said...

This is simply gorgeous, Ros! Wonderful newsprint accents and lovely purple flower! Now that is a color splash! Great work, my dear!

Andrea Ewen said...

Now I'm back on official business...I initially saw your card on Waltzingmouse, now I'm visiting from the Play Date Cafe! Your card is a wonderful example of what we mean by color splash. A black and white background with that amazing burst of purple color. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Ros! Love the pop of lavender!

Pauline said...

This is stunning, just gorgeous in all the fabulous detail!

Zue said...

This is lovely, Ros. I love all the black and white detailing you have there. I found this quite a tricky colour palette.
take care!
Sue xx

Pam W. said...

Wow, wow, WOW! This is gorgeous. Your handmade rose it is beautiful.

Debbie said...

Stunning, as ever, Ros! I {heart} the simple black and purple color palette and that handmade rose is amazing! Lovely stamping and gorgeous design! Thanks for sharing your talents with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

Maria said...

Fabulous card! Love the text, splash of paint, and border! And so lovin' that gorgeous flower!

Michelle said...

I love it, Ros!! Your stamps are wonderful and your flower is beautiful!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, ros! love your splash! thanks for sharing and have a great tuesday! *hugs* steph :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply breathtaking!!! you did so well with all those challenges, especially look the inspiration photo from PDCC. very cool!

Nicole said...

Pretty! Love that purple flower! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Diane said...

Gorgeous...makes me want summer NOW...lol...so very pretty...and I am with you...I cannot combine challenges either...too mind boggling...!

Unknown said...

Gosh, did you pick that fab flower right off the sample Ros??? LOL! You made a PERFECT flower, same colour, everything! Lovely card!!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is fantastic... right down to your dew-drop detail! You didn't forget a thing! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Evelyn S. said...

This is a fabulous card! That handmade flower is just perfect!

Fiona said...

What a stunner! I love love love your card :) Love your splash of lilace, and the black and white elements are fantastic! Thanks for playing along at the PDCC this week :)

Michele Gross said...

Delicious! I love the texty scallops and the buttons and its all so fab!! Wonderful use of the splash and glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Stella said...

Perfect splash, fabulous flower
(I love glossy accents!) and I love the way you've worked with the combo of black and white. That scalloped Text-it border is breathtaking; what a clever and gorgeous idea!!
Love it Ros; as always....XXXX

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love love love this flower--it is super sweet! Great combo of challenges:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!!

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Wow! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

jen said...

Now this is a fantastic creation!!! Love your layers & your rose is amazing! Congrats on the Fab 4 at PDCC! :)

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

What a beautiful card! So much texture and so many fun text details!

Clare said...

What a beauty, the purple really draws your eye in. Thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room, do join us again!!

Alice said...

really beautiful! such an elegant color combo. wonderful work. thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!