Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Watercolour Splats

Hello ...

I'm finally feeling a lot better ... which is a good thing as I'm off to Lincoln next week to care for my Aunt and I can't risk passing on anything to her...
Thanks so much for your kind wishes ... it really does help well you are not feeling 100%...
Plus, I got an Honorable Mention for my card at CAS.ology this week too ... 
Thank you so much ladies!

So, yesterday I saw the wonderful Make It Monday watercolour splats technique by Nichole Heady of PTI Here
I just couldn't wait to try this technique ... I'm loving paints at the moment
And here's my attempt



To link up you need to use at least one product from Papertrey Ink (and of course use the technique)
I used the clock hands die from Hands of Time ... I know ... I use them a lot


Then I stamped and embossed a sentiment using stamps from 2 different PTI sets
Time from the Hands of Time stamp set and the verse from the Life stamp set ... I thought they went together well


I absolutely love how this turned out and I found my aqua brush pen worked a treat for this technique

Wishing you all a lovely day ... Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving your kind comments

Till soon

~ Ros ~



16 comments:

Diane said...

Loving your "splats of color"......those clock hands are really pretty....why don't I have them...hmmm..and the sentiments stamped are perfect!! Glad you are feeling beetter...have a wonderful day my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Ros!! I made one last night but still need to take a picture! Your turned out awesome!! I'm so glad your feeling better!! And I bet your excited to visit your Aunt!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful background!

Martha said...

What a lovely card! Fabulous design!

Stella said...

I am jumpingin again....And stumbled upon this gem. I love your take on the Make itMonday challenge. Love the subtle look of the background; a fabulous way of using this technique. It really is a jaw dropper!
Have a lovely evening!
XXXXXXX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Don't you just love this technique? Love to watch the the water splats starting to expand, I might try another one later this after!
I love yours with the clock hands, I have to use more of that set, thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Always love seeing your clock hands Ros, you always manage to use them in such a fine way. Love your background with the splashes, looking good! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better Ros! Your card is beautiful! Love the inky background!

Tracy said...

I don't mind seeing those clock hands over and over and your watercolor looks amazing. You should be VERY happy with it. I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. Being sick is no barrel of laughs for sure. Hope everything goes well for your upcoming trip. Hugs!

Manuela said...

good to hear you feel better, this card is also beautiful.

Unknown said...

This turned out fantastic Ros the watercolors effect is glorious! So happy you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

This turned out fantastic Ros the watercolors effect is glorious! So happy you're feeling better!

Heidi said...

Your card is beautiful!
Lovely details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Barbara said...

Yes, we've known these clock hands :-) But you make them seem something new and spectacular every time you use them! Love the card!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh My! YOU are definitely making paints and watersplats look good! PRETTY background, Ros!

Maria said...

Love that gorgeous background with the watersplats, so pretty! Whew, I'm trying to catch up here with all your wonderful creations, Ros!:-)