Thursday, November 21, 2019

Another Birthday

Hello there... I hope you are well.

It's very chilly here and the leaves are falling like snow. My Ginger cat with all his blubber and a lush coat doesn't stay out for more than a few minutes and Missy hasn't ventured out in days. My neighbours are away on a short break so I'm caring for their kitty too -  Normally a wanderer, even he hasn't venture outside. But thankfully we have not had any severe floods or snow in my part of the UK so I'm grateful for that.

I have a little card to share that I made for my husband's DIL who has a birthday in a few days. It's an AI background, splattered with gold paint and stamped embossed images by Lavinia Stamps
 

It's hard to photograph the gold flecks, well, it's hard to photograph anything really as it's so dull here, but it does look kind of magical...Admittedly I could have used that stamp a few ways but I wanted something quick...


And inspiration isn't on my side right now. 

On another note,  I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who have sent me gorgeous handmade cards and caring thoughts following the loss of my bestie... It means a lot and I'm so appreciative of your friendships and your kindness

I'm wishing you a wonderful day

~ Ros ~
 

16 comments:

Pat said...

This is definitely not uninspirational Ros, I think it is a beautiful card and the colours of AI's really sing, and the tree and silhouette mushroom image on the corner of that pretty aperture and dry embossed frame go perfectly and love the sentiment on the vellum too. I think your hubby's DIL will adore this. x

Tracy said...

How lovely. Makes you wonder what will pop out of that door. :-)

Kara Lynne said...

It's a beautiful card, Ros! The AI and that tree in the aperture looks like a window into another world, like Narnia! It's been so cold and rainy/snowy here too, with no chance of getting proper light for a photo. You are so right though, it could be worse. I hope you find some "sunshine" in your day today!

Mac Mable said...

A wonderful card Ros, unique and a fabulous design x. Yes it's bitterly cold my end. I am away for three weeks so I will catch up on my return x.

Christine Alexander said...

great AI background for that pretty stamp. I love Lavinia stamps and all the fairy world :)

Mia said...

Wonderful background and adorable sentiment! Beautiful card, Ros. Kisses!

Bonnie said...

I love how you've framed this delightful door, Ros! I can imagine all the sights one would see when they open that door!

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Ros! LOVE the background...so colorful and just love the gold flecks too! The tree image is just...magical! Love the addition of the little mushrooms stamped near the bottom too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Maria said...

A beautiful card, Ros! Wonderful AI background as always with touches of gold! Love the embossed frame around it, too! Up and down weather here and a just a tad warmer with rain. No sun to be seen. It looks like a typical day in NW Ohio. I hope the sun comes out soon there for you. And, it sounds like the sweet kitties are calling for sunshine, too! Take care, hugs!!

Carole said...

Beautiful card Ros..love the colours and your embossing with the toadstool accents. xx

Marina said...

Love the fairytale effect of this, with the aperture , images and gold splatters.

Pauline said...

So beautiful Ros. Gorgeous background and love how you framed the door and added the mushrooms! I'm sure she loved this. Take care,

Diane said...

Fabulous card and so creative and fun...another great stamp!!

Leslie Miller said...

You have a beautiful AI background with those lovely gold specks which I can see quite well but imagine how much prettier it must be IRL. I have a thing for mushrooms, so that stamp down in the corner looks so cute! All is quite striking against the white card. I'm running behind and reading your oldest post first, so I hope your weather hasn't gotten any worse. It finally rained a little bit here. It hardly feels like winter yet this year. Well, actually it's still fall, but usually colder and wetter by now.

Barbara said...

Those are your colors - and they are always great! Lovely sentiment, too. The weather has been similar here... always hoping for snow!

Greta said...

Hello my dear blogging sister! Sorry I've gotten so far behind, but you've been in my thoughts. I love the look of the AI background & the shape of the die for the window is beautiful! Today we had sun, but yesterday the fog never lifted & I was chilled to the bone!