Friday, November 15, 2019

CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder

Hello there...

We are halfway through the November challenge at CAS Mix Up

Have you checked out the gallery? My, you clever people are rocking this challenge!

 I'm sharing my second card featuring this technique


This time I went a completely different route from my first card and discovered another way to achieve this technique...I used glossy photo paper!  The glossy paper took the re-inkers really well...


...So I then added different coloured metallic Embossing powders before I heated the whole thing.
I got a really random oxidized look with a lovely sheen and even a little cracking here and there


To finish I added a die cut flower stem and an embossed sentiment.
Once again the rest of the team are sharing their amazing creations to inspire you up on the blog. We'd love you to join us for the last challenge of the year.

Thanks so much for your visit and for the lovely comments you leave... I really appreciate it.

Enjoy your day

~ Ros ~

18 comments:

Carole said...

Stunning card Ros...clever technique....I wish I had half of your creativity. xx

Pauline said...

This is stunning Ros! Love the oxidized metal look. Your colours are gorgeous and love the finished product. I must give this a try. Have a good weekend Ros!

Bonnie said...

You are so clever, Ros! The photo paper is an awesome idea and much cheaper than foil cardstock! It made a fantastic oxidized metal background for your lovely flowers! Love that sentiment that looks handwritten!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! Absolutely GORGEOUS Ros!! Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE your CAS and perfect style?!! This card is STUNNING my friend and I absolutely LOVE it!! :0)

Pat said...

What a fabulous background Ros and love the metallic embossing over the top and the white die cut flowers go beautifully. x

Maria said...

I love using glossy paper for AI! Sweet flowers. And, the oxidized metal looks fabulous! So pretty Ros!!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful creative oxidized technique on photo paper, Ros. Such pretty shine and texture. Love your added die cut flower stem and sentiment. Perfectly CAS, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wonderful result with glossy photo paper, Ros! You're so clever to think of using photo paper. I love the random oxidized look and your fabulous color choice of re-inkers. The white die-cut flowers are so pretty against the gorgeous background.
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Fantastic oxidized panel, Ros. There are so many ways to achieve the oxidized metal look ... this is awesome. I'll have to try photo paper! Love the colours and texture of your panel. So beautiful with the white die-cut flowers over top. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background Ros, I love the texture and the marbling of the colours :)

Barbara said...

The metallic embossing in earth colors is so warm... With the white flower die cut I'm reminded of spring ground with snowdrops on it. Lovely card!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cool effect with the texture of the embossing! Very pretty and earthy. Great background to set off the white flower die cut.

Greta said...

Strikingly beautiful, Ros--love this!

Linda said...

This is stunning! The colours look fab and I love the texture from the embossing xx

Mac Mable said...

Another fun and unique way to achieve the technique and a fabulous CAS card Ros x.

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Ros! I love the wonderful earthy colors of nature you achieved and that simple floral stem and sediment are perfect! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy said...

This is sooo cool! Awesome technique and you have conquered again.

Marina said...

You are so good at combing mixed media with a cas style. Beautiful!