Sunday, March 01, 2020

Cas Mix Up Challenge

Hello and welcome to March!
Happy St David's Day to those who celebrate, my thoughts are with everyone in Wales (and the rest of the UK) who have lost their homes due to the awful floods.
I just wish the rain would stop.

So of course it's the start of a new challenge at the
CAS Mix Up 


We are also celebrating our 4th Birthday!!!
And there are prizes to be won...

$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for Challenge Winner

$25 Gift Certificate to Simon Says Stamp for one random draw of all entries
(must follow rules to be eligible for prizes)

 
Jenny is hosting a fabulous challenge for us- Use Acrylic Paint
She has also provided us with some terrific video tutorial links explaining various processes and ideas.
Now I confess that I craft when inspiration takes me and like to get ahead with DT work if I can so I hadn't watched those videos when I made my cards but you know me... I just like to go with whatever is inside my head



I stamped some bare winter trees in versafine black ink onto cardstock and then using 2 shades of green acrylic paint and a fan brush, I randomly pounced the paint over the trees



I tell 'ya... Anyone can do this and you don't even need a paint brush, you could do this with a sponge. The result really pleased me and the technique means I can use a winter stamp for all seasons which is an added bonus



The acrylic paint adds texture when it's undiluted and of course you could use any colour.
So there you have it, my clean and simple acrylic paint card

I can't wait to see what you all come up with... Check out the super cards from the team and our lovely Guest Designer

Happy crafting - Happy Spring!

~ Ros ~




23 comments:

Carole said...

This is really super Ros...how clever you are. the fresh green over the black base looks so natural and realistic. A brilliant card! I wish this rain would stop too...nothing is drying up here! xx

Pauline said...

Oh Ros, this is beautiful! You are so artsy! This pouncing with acrylic paints is amazing. I love the look! These trees are going to be your go to trees for sure, now that you can use them for any season. Cute little fence too! Sorry to hear about all the floods over your way, so devastating. A town outside of ours along the lake - Lake Erie, they declared it a state of emergency, and people have to leave their homes for 6-8 weeks, due to the high waters, the waves crashing into the properties, and flooding them. So sad! Have a wonderful day, and Happy Spring to you as well. I'm counting the days till it gets here!

Papercraft Boutique said...

You turned winter trees into spring/summer ones! What a wonderful way to stretch your stamp, using acrylic paint, Ros! I'll definitely remember this.
The bright green shades are so pretty, and the added white picket fence and the embossed frame are wonderful touches!
Hideko xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous acrylic paint pounced leaves for your Winter trees, Ros. Love your CAS design too. TFS your clever card, my friend. Stay dry...Hugs..Nancy

Greta said...

Amazing! Always love your paintings, Ros! The trees are beautiful! I need to use my paints & enter the challenge!

Jo said...

Wowzers, these are impressive trees. I love this clean/crisp panel framed with all the white, really keeps our eye on this painting. A beautiful card with the promise of spring around the corner.
Hope your corner of the UK is OK. This climate change is really stressing the whole planet. My thoughts are with you xx.

Darlene said...

And there are always so many beautiful ideas inside your head ... this is a great example of that! Your lines are always so CLEAN (love that) and your focus image always POPS ... LOVE your style! What a fun technique this is ... I'll have to give it a go first chance! Stay safe and happy my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Ros this is just fabulous! OH I cannot wait to look out my window and see green on the trees! Yours have me wanting them more!
Another frame-worthy card, my friend!
=]

Maria said...

Oh, those trees are so beautiful in the green! I can hardly wait for the trees here to turn green! Lots of rain here for the next few days. I can only hope that it’ll be great for the lawn, trees, and flowers! Anyways, a wonderful CAS card, Ros...well done!!

Loll said...

WOW! This is one gorgeous card, Ros! Love your leafy trees with the gorgeous spring green. And I love how you've framed your main panel with the debossed frame. Amazing work, my friend! xx

Linda said...

This is so pretty Ros ... I love how you've done the trees. Your card makes me wish of warmer days ..... roll on Spring! xx

Pat said...

Well personally I would say that your own inspiration is just perfect Ros, and I love those pretty green trees which look great with the white background and picket fence. Beautiful! x

Davi said...

Awesome job on the trees Ros, they look very spring like!! It is a beautiful card! To bad I couldnt send you all some of our dry heat!! We are in the 80s already.

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, your trees are amazing and beautiful, Ros! So you say I could do this? Well, maybe... I might have to try it with white and make snowy trees, since that's the only color I have. Your cards are always gorgeous and inspiring. You truly have a gift. My heart goes out to all the folks who are being victimized by the weather. Very sad.

Susan Joyce said...

Love your card Ros, the two shades of green really pop on the white card. Stunning design!

Darnell said...

Your cards are always ones that stand out in a crowd, Ros! I love the crisp bright whites and bold sensational colors you use to create your little masterpieces! Those pounced trees are genius and totally look like real spring/summer trees! I'm so sorry to hear of the damage continuing over there from the rains and flooding. I hope it stops soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Wow, I kept looking and looking at those beautiful trees, such a fabulous technique and beautifully designed card!! We are to get snow flurries today and Springlike weather next Monday...I am so ready for Spring!! Have a wonderful day my friend!!

Cindy H. said...

Simply gorgeous!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a great idea to stretch your stamps with this technique! The leafy trees have lots of depth and I can imagine the texture. Beautiful card:)

Kia's Place said...

Such a beautiful card.

Barbara said...

These bright shades of green are what spring is all about and I just know it's just around the corner! Love your card!

Mac Mable said...

Such a crisp and wonderfully CAS card with a fun technique x.

Marina said...

The leaves look so lush and beautiful.