Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lil' gift...

We really haven't had a summer here ... all the children are on their summer break from school and it has rained nearly every day ... pretty flowers lose their petals to the weight of the rain and the birds pop out from the trees intermittently to descend on my bird station and feed whilst they can ... But I have noticed that the shrubs are full with berries ready to ripen ... so the wildlife should have plenty to feast on .. even though it is a sign of a bad winter.... 
Another of my friends celebrates her anniversary this coming week and I know she would appreciate anything handmade ... she loves all things shabby ... so I thought I would make another "Home" plaque just for her ... 




Based on the one I did in a previous post Here ... but different in its colours ... more shabby ...



... similar embellishments ( waiting on a delivery of some new goodies) ... but I think it looks totally different from my previous one proving that colour can change everything...


Not sure if you can pick up the glitter and pearls ... 
I hope she likes it ....

Have a lovely weekend ...

Ros




9 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Ros! You have been cranking out some fabulous creations lately. Not that you dont always but you have been doing stuff other than cards. Which I totally need to do more of. :)

Heather Rogers said...

Hey! Just wanted to tell you...you should put your email on the side in a little gadget so a girl like me can email a girl like you. :)

kirsty vittetoe said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Ros, yep, colors can change everything! I love all the shabby goodness of this, lovely!

Rebekah said...

what a lucky friend! beautiful job. i like how you used colours this time.. so different from the first(which i loved too)
fantastic!

Clare said...

This is fabulous, love the colours!! Thanks for your comment, I love the smell of lavender, so relaxing!!

Unknown said...

I feel like every time I'm hear I say the same thing... But I really do mean it.. Your creations are FABULOUS! Your friend is just going to love this....

Hugs, Linda

cnelson said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Ros!! LOVE it so much!

Stella said...

I already loved the first one but this.....Oh this is breathtaking. So soft and shabby. LOVE it! Your friend is a lucky girl with a friend like you!

Cindy Groh said...

It's beautiful. I'm sure she'll love it.