Thursday, September 02, 2010

How's your day?

I hope that you are all having a good day ... the sun is still shining here in Liverpool but alas I am so tired ... I have had two sleepless night in a row .. courtesy of some things that have happened in my neighbourhood. We live in a nice house ... nice neighbours and fairly quiet ... That was up until a couple of years ago when new people moved in and changed things. Over the last few years there has been a fair bit of "disruption" between these neighbours and outsiders, which culminated in another clash the night before last and then the big one last night when their house was fire bombed ... We are tired, shocked and at a loss at to what has happened ... How do people live their lives like this??
So I have not had time today to make anything though I do have a card to share which I made from my scraps yesterday ...


I also used a lovely tag from Bluebird Lane and their seam binding too ...



Love those little felt butterflies all glittered up ... It makes me feel better to see something pretty ...
At least I should have peaceful nights from now on ... guess that's the upside!

Till soon

Ros


8 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about all this trouble in your neighbourhood Ros, yes, it's difficult to understand why people act the way they do sometimes... It would be soooo much easier if we could all get along and accept each other for any differences we might have... I'm glad that you're still able to see the beauty in things and that reflects in your work! Just keep your focus on the bright side of things, life's too precious! Take care, Ira xox

Rebekah said...

*sigh* how dreamy.. i just love this card.. peaceful.
Sorry to hear about your sleepless night.. I know what you mean tho, a few weeks ago there was a house fire 3 houses down from us. Good friends of ours lived right beside and were very shook up, but managed to think of their neighbours and not themselves and got the people out of the burning house. I guess it happens everywhere...
Sending you restful night wishes!
P.S. i love the glitter butterfly too.. yum:)

Mona Pendleton said...

Sending happy thoughts your way Ros :) This card is gorgeous - the lace, the pearls & that glittered butterfly sure is eyecatching!

Unknown said...

WOW, I am sorry you had to go thru all that.. Well I hope you get some rest tonight.. And it gets better from here on out.. On the up side it did not stop you from making a beautiful card.. It is so pretty my friend... I love it..

Hugs, Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sorry to hear about you sleepless night, hope things would be better now that they are gone!
This is such pretty creation, I love the soft blue, glittered butterfly, and of course, the vintage image tag, I have one of that too!
Thanks for sharing Ros!

Anonymous said...

Ros, how awful- so glad you're ok- good to see it hasn't affected your artistic skills even if it's shaken you up. Hope things settle and there's reoccurence. Hugs x

cnelson said...

So sorry to hear about all the turmoil in your neighborhood Ros!
I hope your sleepless nights are truly at an end! What a lovely creation you have made amid everything you have going on...BIG HUGS!

Stella said...

Oh my; I;m smitten. I love your style but you already knew that....
XXX