Tuesday, February 15, 2011

City Crafter Colour Challenge

Good Morning ... did you all have a wonderful Valentine's evening? ... I appreciate that there many of you who have partners in the military or for one reason or another cannot be together ... but love is carried in the heart no matter what right?
So on to this weeks challenge at City Crafter ... where Kirsty is hosting for us  ... this week it is a colour challenge and as Kirsty likes to take us around the world .. our city is Tokyo ... though it doesn't mean that you have to make a card / project based on the city ... like me you can just follow the colours to enter ....




 I confess this weeks' photo did leave me a bit stumped ... sometime I just over think things ... but in the end the light bulb went on and this is what I came up with ...



My background paper is from Tim Holtz and the lovely image is a freebie from Cemerony ... 


I actually had this little umbrella embellishment in my stash ... can you see the little turquoise beads?


some little yellow buttons and some turquoise gems follow the colour scheme ... my sentiment is computer generated and the tag is SB ... 
Ok ... so not very Tokyo(ish) and I bet there are lots of you brilliant crafters out there who can combine the city with the colours ... (unlike me) ... so please come and join us ... we have the very talented Yvonne Yam as our guest designer and as ever ... there is a prize for the winner ... and if you need any inspiration hop on over to the blog and check out the rest of the DT's creations ... see 'ya there!

~ Ros ~

13 comments:

cnelson said...

WOW Ros!!! This couldn't be more gorgeous! LOVE all your fab details!!

Unknown said...

soooooooooooo pretty, what a delicate sophisticated take on the colors

Unknown said...

Oh WOW!! This is so pretty.. I love you background paper.. I might have to hop over to Cemerony and grab that.. I was a little stumped at first also.. It is funny that my daughter saw the inspiration photo and said that would make a perfect card for a baby!! So that's what I did!!

I hope you have a wonderful day..

Hugs, Linda

~* steph :) *~ said...

your card is just gorgeous, ros!! love it! the colors and vintage feel are wonderful! thanks for sharing and have a lovely day! *hugs* steph :)

Sylvia said...

This is so beautiful Ros, in a lovely color combo! Your card looks like spring! We are gray, but warm today, looks like rain!

Unknown said...

Love those beautiful music papers you used here Ros and yes, that little umbrella is a wonderful embellishment to enhance an already gorgeous card! Have a wonderful evening!

Lynnda said...

WOW Ros... this card is gorgeous... love the sweet and soft colors... hugs...xoxo

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is cute and pretty all in one, love the DP and the touch of the bling!

Stella said...

This is pure beauty Ros. A lovely and chic take on the challenge and that umbrella is to die for! Gorgeous.......XXXX

Anonymous said...

Ros Your card is `beautiful`
I love the pop of blue bling!!!Thanks for all your Inspiration!!!!:) xxx

Michelle said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! love this card, Ros!!! Can't take my eyes off it!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

How very elegant and romantic, beautiful!

Ginny Schleich said...

Your card is just beautiful. I love all of your papers and that embellishment that you put your greeting on is so cool looking. Love it!