Tuesday, March 08, 2011

In My Pocket Challenge

Hi there ... I am back this morning with my City Crafter Challenge post ... where I am hosting this week and we have a very talented Guest Designer ... Monica Skadsem from Norway... If you are into Shabby Chic .. you really need to visit her blog and see the fabulous creations she's made for this week's challenge ... it's AWESOME!! 
 The challenge I have set is to create a card, tag or project which includes some sort of pocket ... I was inspired by these lovely creations from Recycled Rita ... you can find her post of these HERE


Aren't they just the prettiest toilet rolls ever? I've been saving my toilet rolls too just so I can make some of these ... probably with my group ...
I decided to go for a card as I so wanted to use my new things from PTI ... and this is what I came up with 


This is a double pocket card so I could get two pretty tags in ... I made the pockets by just folding a piece of double sided TH paper that was cut to about 8/12" X 11" ... then I stitched it to my card ...



This is how it looks without the tags in 



... and these are my pretty stamped tags ... 


For the buttons .. I first adhered my paper to CS and then cut them ... just to make them thicker ... and the little pin that you see on my card is from Stella ...


I hope you will join us ... I love seeing your creations  ... please take a minute to visit the rest of the DT and see their Gorgeous creations too ...


See you later!

~ Ros ~


20 comments:

Zue said...

Your card is stunning, with or without the tags.

The colour is one of my favourites. Your work is beautiful!!!!!!

I have been making things out of toilet rolls for a while now, before I started to blog. So much you can do with them.

Sue xx

Deb Hickman said...

I love your challenge and can't wait to get started,housework is nearly done !!!!
Your card is beautiful, those button cards are gorgeous.xxxx

Simply Shaz said...

FAB creation Ros! Aren't the new pti button boutique stamps 'delish'...youa re making me drool...haha! I'm sat here 'very impatiently' waiting for mine to arrive(as i know they will be here today) The dies were out of stock when i ordered though...so will have to improvise...haha I shall be using my set roo for this weeks challenge too :) 'If it ever gets here)
Shaz x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful challenge, Ros, and beautiful challenge card! Love the blues!

cnelson said...

What a fabulous post Ros! I never would have thought to recycle the toilet paper rolls like that! so fab! You pocket card could not be more gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet pocket card with some surprises tucked inside, lovely colours, too!

Unknown said...

I just looooove your pocket card. Every thing about it. The colors look Fabulous and you didn't miss one single detail.. Did I say how much I love this.. :)

I have to admit I just love this challenge.. THANK YOU!!

Hugs, Linda

Lenet said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Ilove it. Can't wait to paly with my PTI stamps.
P.S. I didn't sew the lace to the card I made it my selfwith a very smaal crochetneedle..

Unknown said...

I think pocket cards are running a close race with tags as being my favorite and these are gorgeous

♥Jan♥ said...

Wow. I am going to try to make that same pocket. or pockets I guess. When challenge blogs call their designer reveals "inspiration" this is exactly what they should mean - I am so completely inspired by this, and I know I am going to come back to it again and again. Thanks Ros.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Brilliant Ros! This is such a brilliant piece of work, love that double pockets, and love that soft blue + cream, of course the PTI stamps, great idea for the challenge and great work here! : )

LeAnne said...

This is just adorable....I cannot wait for the button dies to come back in at PTI so I can get them AND this stamp set......maybe I'll go check RIGHT NOW!

Heather Rogers said...

Fab projects Ros. I love the little baskets. i had a sweet blog friend send me one of these little pretties filled with goodies. I LOVE them. :)
Hugs~

Lynnda said...

Hi Ros... this is so gorgeous... I love the blue...I love your pocket card... very inspiring... hugs..xoxo

~* steph :) *~ said...

wow, those are toilet paper rolls in the inspiration photo, i didn't know. fabulous!
love your card, ros. really pretty colors and i love your handmade buttons :). thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Stella said...

OMG; I love it to pieces. All these details; sigh....... I love the way you used your PTI goodies and yes I want them too. But they are out of stock now ....argh!
Oops of track....sorry....
These TH papers ( blue...) are breathtalking and paired up with cream.....I love love love it. Or did i told you that already?
Hope your feeling a bit better...XXXXX

ps I'm glad you liked the pins..XXXXX

Ginny said...

Wow! First, your card is beautiful! I love all the PTI products that you used. The paper you used looks like linen fabric to me. "Sew" perfect for your card theme. And the photo you used for the challenge...I would have never guessed toilet paper rolls! Very, very cute idea. I just may have to start saving them myself. Thanks for sharing.

lauren bergold said...

ok i was already BLOWN AWAY by this amazing card when at the very end i realized the beautiful vintage button cards tucked into those fabulously gorgeous double pockets are NOT vintage...you made those, too??!?!???!?!? HOLY WOW, missus!!!!!!!! seriously! i think i must sit at your crafty feet and study to learn things LIKE THIS! ♥♥♥

(ps: those are toilet rolls in the beautiful gift bags?! geeeeez! you & your lovely friends are just SO CLEVER at the re-cycling!!!!!!!!!)

Michelle said...

I love it Ros! I'm crazy for that color blue!! Love all the Papertrey Ink supplies!!! Beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the different pieces they are a beautiful set.