Sunday, July 24, 2011

Paper houses

Hello ...
I hope you are enjoying your weekend ... we have had quite good weather which is nice and today my Brother and SIL came over to spend some time which was lovely ...
I have been busy catching up on laundry and the usual household chores and yesterday my son had to go to the hospital ... he has been experiencing pain in his eyes ... He went to the Walk In centre and when the usual blood test etc., showed nothing irregular - he was sent to the ER at the eye hospital where he had to wait for a few long hours to see a doctor ... Now when I am worried ... I always start to clean ... somehow it keeps me occupied ... so I sorted out a lot of things in my craft room ... Yes I did want to be with him but didn't push it ... him being 28 ... know what I mean? ... But thankfully he came home with a clean bill of health on his eyes ... now he has to see the GP this week ... so still a worrying time ... more cleaning to do me thinks ...
Aside from that I have a few photos of projects I have been fiddling with ... One things I love to do each week is visit Stef's blog to check out her Love Links ... a list she kindly compiles each week of the most amazing things ... I bookmark lots of them promising myself I WILL get around to doing them them ... but one I had to try straightaway was a birdhouse made from a book ... you can find the link HERE ... this is one talented lady I tell ya! ... so here are the first two I made ... 




Well I couldn't stop at one ... and anyway ... they are so very therapeutic ... and I couldn't stop at two either ... the idea was to make three different sizes like Korrie did (though I wish I had a table like hers ... sigh )so I started another smaller one ... but me being me ... I went a little off kilter and came up with a wall hanging ... 


I did a sort of 'half' house ... tore out the chunk of book I didn't use but left the cover on ... which I covered in papers and adhered to thick CS which I had also covered in paper ...


... those little pansies are real ... dried actually and oh so delicate ... I stuck the little lilac pearlie things in the centre ... they fell off from these ...


... pretty but again delicate ...


... and in case you're wondering ... the other half of the book I gave to my SIL ... who was merrily folding away as my Brother drove them home ...



You know what ... I'm still not sure about the door .... what do you think? ... maybe I should have gone with older books ... hmmm ... maybe next time ...

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by 

~ Ros ~


23 comments:

Rebekah said...

How awesome!! Can you do a tutorial on how you made these?I love them:) I think I'll need a trip to the thrift store to get some old books to try.. if I can figure this out.
Very cute Ros!
Happy Weekend

Rebekah said...

I obviously got too carried away with your gorgeous pictures to read that you did indeed post the link on how to make these.. oh I am silly.

Sylvia said...

Your book house is lovely! I especially like the pansies, clever idea for a wall hanging. So sorry about your son, hope he will be just fine. Keep folding book pages. thanks for sharing the link. Have a wonderful rest of your evening.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Woow, wooow, woooow!!! I mean, WOOOW! The bird houses are lovey but that wall hanging bird house - knocked my socks off!!!! STUNNING, hun!
Ps. Hope the turbulences turn into plain sailing soon and hope your son will feel better soon, too!

Zue said...

Your paper houses are a real treat to look at...so beautiful.
Hope you are keeping well, Ros.
Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

oh Ros
these are so cute
but the wall hanging is
G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.
love it :D
sending well wishes
for your son...
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Lynnda said...

Oh My Gosh Ros... you are amazing !!! This is very clever projects!!! Just gorgeous...

take it easy... thinking of you.... hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

These make me smile!!! They are so cute!!!! WOW just stunning!!!!

I hope your son;s eye is O.K. :-)

Unknown said...

I do hope everything is OK with your son.. I do know what you mean when you can't be there with them.. My daughter is the same way. I am just loving your bird houses.. So Clever..

Hugs, Linda

BEARKIS said...

Прекрасна идея,БЛАГОДАРНОСТИ за споделянето и хубав ден!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my goodness Ros! Your birdhouse is amazing!

cnelson said...

So sorry to hear about your son! It is so scary when you don't know what is going on. You are all in my prayers. Hope they get it figured out. I get the same way when I worried...cleaning seems to help...if I can't be in control of the situation...at least I can control my house by cleaning it up and organizing and staying busy. Your book birdhouse is so cool! You are so clever! GORGEOUS work!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH wow wow wow, this is a treasure Ros, FABULOUS!!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW Ros! These look amazing!! I really LOVE this idea, thanks for the link, would love to make one, too someday. Weren't you afraid to 'damage' a book? I'm one of those freaks that treat books like jewels... But I must say, you turn books into jewels! Blessings for your son, hope your worries will soon be over!

Unknown said...

these are amazing...lovr them

Clare said...

Oh wow, these are so cool, thanks for the link to the tutorial! I love your wall hanging version too!! brilliant!!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Wow, how cute is that!!! I LOVE your "half house" on your wall-hangig - that´s such a great idea!
(I hope your son is fine ?!)

Anonymous said...

Absolutly `stunningly beautiful` Ros..glad your home safe and sound!I think your doors are fantastic!!so creative..Thanks for sharing I will have to have a go at these:)xxx

papertrails leaver said...

these are incredible Ros! JUst beautiful! Love that you used the real pansies!

~* steph :) *~ said...

hope your son is okay, ros. your houses are fabulous. i love your wall hanging! it's extremely fabulous! thanks for sharing and hope you have a lovely week. big *hugs* sweet friend, steph :)

Suzanne C said...

I hope your son's eyes are all better. These houses are fantastic!! Love what you did with them.

Chris said...

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope the doctor can find out what's wrong.

I love your houses. After reading the instructions I realised that you must have the patience of a saint!:)

Stella said...

I hope that your son is doing fine and his eyes too. Cleaning up is a wonderful way to clean up your mind too. A sort of "decluttering"your mind.

Your birdhouses? So lovely and I can imagine it must be addictive to make them. I love the half one on the wall hanging. There is nothing wrong with the door; it looks gorgeous. Maybe give it a try to paint a sort of door on the next one and find out what you like most.
I think they tuurned out stunning!
Have a lovely evening dearie!
XXXXXX