Tuesday, January 03, 2012

City Crafter "Save the Date ..."


Hello ...
Happy 2012! 


 I hope you are all doing well ... survived the hustle and bustle and the celebrations ... 
We are back in full swing here at City Crafter with a brand new challenge from our lovely Cheryl who this week is asking us to create a card or project incorporating either a month, day or year or a combination of all 3 ...

We have a digital Stamp sponsor this week Bugaboostamps which I know many of you are familiar with .... They have a huge range of stamps from the more classic (which I chose) to the more fun variety ... and they are ever growing ... 


Please take a moment to visit CCCB and read all about our sponsor and the prize this week and check out all the projects ... We each got to chose a stamp to play with ...

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow ... We were the first couple to marry in the millennium on the lovely island of Cyprus so I made this card for my hubby ... 


keeping to just 2 main colours .. I used the Butterfly digital stamp ... re-coloured it and printed it in various sizes which I then cut and layered ... My card shape was cut on my Silhouette and backed with BG paper which I've had forever!


I used liquid pearls around the heart ... and that beautiful flower brad (which just happens to fit my colours perfectly) came from Pixie Dust Paperie ...

Now it's over to you ... I hope you will join us this week ... I can't wait to see what you create ...

Wishing you a wonderful day

~ Ros ~



26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm sure he'll love it! The 4th of January is a great date! ( it's my birthday!). Hope you both have a lovely anniversary and see you soon? xx

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

STUNNING, Ros! SO elegant and charming! (for your prince charming!)
You do such beautiful things with your Silhouette!
And this liquid-pearls-border is a perfect accent!
Thanks for sharing this beauty!
Hugs,
Ulina

Unknown said...

Such an elegant wedding anniversary card Ros, I think your husband will be so pleased to get this from you. That card shape is superb, love how the backing papers are visible. Hugs, Ira Have an enjoyable day tomorrow!!

June Houck said...

Ros, you and the other City Crafter gals are some of my top paper crafting idols. Your talent is boundless.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! So pretty Ros! Lovin' all the various hearts and gorgeous butterfly!

Anonymous said...

I love your card it is wonderful
liz

Beate said...

Ros, your card looks BEAUTIFUL! Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles

cnelson said...

Happy Anniversary Ros!!! This card is pure GORGEOUSNESS! !

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card and beautiful color, Ros! Happy anniversary, early! A wonderful tribute to your marriage and fabulous card for the challenge. Have a wonderful evening and hope you have a lovely anniversary!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Ros, I hope you have a Happy Anniversary!!! What a gorgeous anniversary card, my friend!!!
XO
Cindy

Rebekah said...

How beautiful! I'm sure your husband is going to love it! Have a wonderful day! My guy and I celebrate our anniversary tomorrow too!(10 yrs) SO nice to have the date in common with you!!
Hugs!

jacirascrap said...

Lindo cartão com corações, amável como você. Ainda estou viajando, aproveitando as férias!! Desejo a você e sua família um Ano Novo de muitas realizações e amor! Com carinho, Jacira

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh my... this is just fabulous. I love all the hearts and the butterfly and glittered heart in the center... what a focal point!!! Those liquid pearls are just the perfect finishing touch, but then so is that little rose with the pearl center (LOVE THAT).

jacirascrap said...

Ah!! Maravilhoso seu cabeçalho novo!

Sasha said...

Your anniversary card is beautiful, Ros. Such soft colours, too. Your husband will love it...I'm sure! Happy Anniversary to both of you for tomorrow:) xx

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card.. I wish you a happy Anniversary my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ros, hope you are well! This is a great design - got me thinking about the challenge on the Hero Arts blog which is 'Hearts' this month. Beautiful color green!!

Clare said...

So pretty! Love that green! gorgeous! Happy New Year!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Stella said...

Your husband is such a lucky man to have you :)
Happy anniversary dearie!!! You created another stunner.....Love it!

Yes I did save the date; but infortunately not of your wedding day. My apologies. I did save another date :)

Have a lovely evening
XXXXXXXXX

papertrails leaver said...

Hi Ros and happy new year! What a beautiful card you made for city this week! Love the liquid pearls you added! :-) Amy

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous design Ros! The cut out adds so much interest.
Happy Anniversary! Hope you and hubby have a wonderful and blessed day. Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is amazingly beautiful, happy anniversary Ros!!!

Barbara said...

I can't believe you put that much effort into a "Save the date" card! It's gorgeous!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card Ros. I love the hearts and sweet butterfly in the center. :)
Hugs~

Suzanne C said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the cut outs and the lovely color behind the opening.