Thursday, April 12, 2012

Candle Tin

Hi there ...

Well we've certainly been having the April showers ... mixed with hailstones, wind and bursts of sunshine ... today is lovely so far.
Kinda prompted me to change my blog colours to something a little brighter ... not sure I will stick with this ... it may be a little plain for me ...
Anyway ... All I have to share today is an altered tin which I did a while ago but never posted ... I made it into a candle tin ... here are a few photos 



Book pages pasted on the lid and the base is covered with TH papers


Some ribbon and tulle and a flower (which I didn't make ... it was salvaged from a hairband)


Some bits of lace and a co-ordinating candle inside


I got to go into the city yesterday (Liverpool) ... it's only 30 mins away but I don't go often and as the children are still on their Easter break ... the city was heaving! that's why I don't go much. 
It is fabulous though ... any tourist would just love the buildings, the restaurants, the shopping and the sights. There is a lot to see and do and if you're into Designer .. well we have that too!
Today is the start of the Grand National so this evening the city will be even more busy - I'm looking forward to Ladies Day tomorrow .. not that I go ... I just love to see the pictures of the ladies all dressed up 


Before I go I just want to thank the ladies at The Play Date Cafe for picking This card as one of their  Fab 4 ... I am thrilled! 


Wishing you a lovely day

~ Ros ~









20 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

This is gorgeous, Ros. What a fabulous idea, it looks so pretty.
I really need to visit Liverpool again, last time I went we didn't have long as we had to visit the passport office. Have a great Ladies Day.xxxx

jacirascrap said...

Parabéns no The Play date Cafe! Sua ideia de revestir a caixinha com páginas de livro é bem vintage, bem lindo com sua flor recuperada!!!

cnelson said...

This is soooooo GORGEOUS Ros! LOVE the bloom with the tulle!

Irene said...

Sounds like alot of fun things to do in the City. What an awesome tin can and I like your colors.

Unknown said...

Your altered tin is super gorgeous Ros, you certainly picked the appropriate colours, but leave that to you! Love the top! Ira x

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project Ros! So feminine and beautiful! The tulle adds a nice touch!

Sasha said...

What a beautiful way to dress up a plain candle tin, Ros. Fabulous creation!! xx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful covering for a candle tin, Ros! I love the colors and the flower! Have a wonderful thursday evening.

Tracy said...

Congrats on your Fab four Ros! :-) I love your little candle tin, especially the color you chose. Glad you posted it. Hugs!

Lynnda said...

THis is so sweet and beautiful Ros... I love the blooms.... Hugs...xoxo

Tan's Hobbies said...

This creation is gorgeous and brilliant, Ros!! Love how you design the flower, ribbon and tulle. Great project, it is very very beautiful!!!

Big hugs from your new follower, Tan!!

Zue said...

I am going to watch the races too. I used to live on the doorstep, though I did not go to ladies' day.
Your blog is nice, I like the colours. You could add a picture to the outer background, I did, though mine is a bit too busy.
Love your decorated box, so professionally done...I wish I could do professional my stuff still always looks messy.
Love Sue xxx

Beate said...

Gorgeous altered tin, Ros! LOVE the papers and that gorgeous flower you chose.
Hugs and smiles

Linda Breedlove said...

Great new look, Ros... love that color!
Your altered tin is gorgeous... that's one beautiful bloom and lovely with all the tulle and lace.
Congratulations on being in the Fab 4!

Heidi said...

Beautiful project!
Hugs, Heidi:)

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Just wonderful! Who knew a simple tin can turn out so very pretty! I love the colour!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That little trinket tin is just the sweetest thing!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful tin! Love the flower and tulle!

frank said...

This is really lovely. I like it very much.
Greetings Jacqueline

Stella said...

Comgrats on being one the fab 4 sweetie. So well deserved! And this tin; dripping wiht elegance. And we will go to the City together in Ocotber ok? :)
Hopefully you are enjoying a wonderful cruise..
XXXXX