Monday, April 16, 2012

Lighthouse Card

Only 5 more sleeps till I head off to Hull to pick up the cruise ship ... 
I have so much to do ..  not least of all getting my case out and sorting through things to take ...my least favourite job EVER! 
But one thing I will be taking is my new camera ... DH bought me a new one yesterday ... It's not an SLR ... didn't think I could cope with carrying that around ... or reading instructions ... so I got a lovely Olympus digital which I am really having fun with at the moment ... I can really see the huge difference to my old trusty Canon. I took these this morning in my garden and I haven't had to alter anything...



The lilac is really coming on ..


Pieris


You can see the sun is shining but believe me ... it's cold!

I have a card too ... using that lighthouse image once again ... my husband's friend is really experiencing a few storms of life ... not least of all hearing that his sister died suddenly whilst on holiday ... so the lighthouse seems appropriate



... Just to let him know that we are thinking of him ...

And yes, MY football team won on Saturday ... there were a few glum faces here ... good job I made them pizza!
As for the Grand National ... which I refuse to watch or bet on ... well, 2 more horses died and that always saddens me ...

Have yourselves a lovely day and I hope you'll join me tomorrow for the new challenge at CCCB
Thanks for taking the time to visit 

~ Ros ~


14 comments:

Beate said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Ros! I love that lighthouse image.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

So it's countdown for you then Ros ;-) Exciting! Lovely photos from your garden and yes, believe me, I know it's cold over here, too! your lighthouse card looks gorgeous, did you use fabrics or are they papers?

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Lovely card Ros, I am sure your friend will appreciate it. Have a lovely cruise and I hope the packing bit won't be too boring ;) x

Stella said...

You have been spoilt a bit and you deserve it. Have fun with your new camera; I amlooking forward to lots of pictures of your cruise!

Sorting things you have to take on board is always quite a job. But you will have a wonderful time. Don't forget your laptop:)


I love the pictures of your garden;is that your cat??? A cutie!

And your card; you always add a lovely personal touch to your cards. This is heartwarming and gorgeous.

Have a lovely evening..
XXXX

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful pictures Ros. I hope you enjoy your new camera. Your card is so pretty. :)

Hugs~

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. So many wonderful layers. I can't wait to see the photos from your cruise.. I just know you are going to have a great time....

Hugs, Linda

Sylvia said...

I love the pictures from your new camera, Ros, your garden is lovely! Love the cat warming in the sun! Great news about the trip and your football team, excellent since the two men would have ganged up on you, if you had lost. Very sporting of you to make pizza. Card is really nice, love the colors and that lighthouse image. Have a wonderful time packing for your trip!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful garden pictures, thanks for sharing!
Have fun with your new toy and take lots of picture!

Sasha said...

Super photo's with your new camera, Ros. Your lighthouse card is lovely x

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Ros! What a beautiful card - I love it!! Sadly you have to give it away for such a very sad reason....

Have fun on your cruise!

Tracy said...

I love that lighthouse image and your card is really lovely.
You must be so excited about your trip. The new camera will make it even better. :-) Your garden looks amazing.
Have fun packing! LOL NOT! :-)

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous card, Ros! I love that lighthouse image..too... Hugs..xoxo

papertrails leaver said...

Love this card! It is divine withe the twine and the lighthouse! Your pix are lovely!

Barbara said...

Oh, what a wonderful garden you must have - just the few glimpses are fascinating. And the lighthouse card is another favorite! Enjoy the cruise!